1. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

I was talking to someone at college who also plays this game; he said he heard "tech 3 (more advanced then current advanced units) would be released "soon" (not sure when)".

What is meant by this?
  2. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Advanced Factories are T2.

Orbital is sort of like T3 but I still kind of feel like it's T2+. But I don't know if we've seen anything from Uber confirming it's T2/3 or anything.
  3. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Que several people getting in on this convo complaining that your calling them by T1, T2 in T-minus 10,9,8....
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I'm not even going to bother. Semantics aren't fun to argue.

At the moment we already have 'T3'. It's called the Orbital launcher (and the units it produces).
  5. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

unless if he talked aboult EXP.
  6. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

To me it doesn't really feel like T3 though. I could see it if like... say the Orbital Launcher build "orbital fabricators" or something that then built things in space, but as it stands I don't really see Orbital as T3. It's more like an extension of T2 to me.
  7. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Semantics.

The Orbital Launcher is only buildable by T2 fabrication units and are an order of magnitude more expensive and powerful than standard T2 units. That makes them T3 by most people's definition.

But if you want to think otherwise that's fine.
    What matters is that the whole situation is awful.
    stormingkiwi, kalherine and liquius like this.
  8. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

I'm not sure how Orbital not having it's own fabricator unit can be seen as semantics.

I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is mechanics.
    antonyboysx and bradaz85 like this.
  9. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

He is right in saying it is T3, there is just nothing else it could be, it requires a T2 engi to build the orbital launcher. The situation is not 'awful' by any standards though.
  10. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Thing is though? T1 can build Advanced, right? But Advanced has it's own fabricators. To me that signifies that it's T2 because then it's got it's own tier and it's own complete set of units.

Orbital, however is, to me, like an extension of the Nuke/Anti-Nuke silos. It's a building that produces units. No those units can't in most cases be directly controlled, but it doesn't have it's own complete set of units. There's no fabricators, only a building that produces things.

Otherwise, by your definition, Nuke and Anti-Nuke is also T3 because they're a building that produces a separate 'unit'(in the nuke/anti-nuke missiles)

Maybe they are T3, but it does not in any way feel like a fleshed out complete tier. I'm more comfortable calling them T2+
    bradaz85 likes this.
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

what do you mean by the whole situation is awful?
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Look at this Cost Curve for units;

Ant: 225 Metal
    Leveler: 1575 Metal
    Orbital Radar: 12,500 Metal
    Laser Satellite: 30,000 Metal
    Nuclear Missile: 32,400 Metal
    Advanced Orbital Radar: 39,500 Metal

My, isn't that an interesting cost curve? It's like Orbital units are so powerful/expensive they create thier of Tier!

Mike
  13. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

If we're going by that logic the laser satellite is a whole other tier from orbital radar(Even though produced from that same building), and then Advanced Orbital Radar is a whole other tier on top of that because the metal cost is so much higher.

So going by that logic there's 5 tiers now?
    bradaz85 likes this.
  14. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

:D
  15. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

;)
    zaphodx likes this.
  16. gunshin

To me, its T3 because you have 'jump' through 3 sets of buildings to build orbital. Vehicle factory -> Advanced Vehicle Factory -> Orbital Launcher. I would consider the Nuke Launcher as T2 in this game since the nuke is not a unique unit, it is just a firing mechanism of the nuke launcher.
  17. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

The only true unit that the Orbital Launcher produces is the avenger. Orbital lasers are like mobile artillery buildings, and then Radar Satellites are just radar that can move. Even the Astraeus is just a transport.

I don't know that I'd want to call a one unit a 'tier'.
  18. gunshin

they are mobile artillary, rather than static. They are still units.
  19. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

They seem like mobile buildings to me.
  20. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That is one way of looking at it but you see what I mean? Between their cost and overall power they're essentially separate from everything else and are practically experimentals.

Also can someone explain to me how a single satellite and give intel on an entire planet again?

Mike