Mode select: Air nukes and space nukes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by spookydonut, October 25, 2013.

1. spookydonut

spookydonut Member

Inter-Planetary should definitely be doing direct burns, the delta-V cost difference isn't that much. To be honest I think the current model for transferring between planets is too conservative (though I understand it's for gameplay reasons).
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's the way I see it too, firering nukes at the asteroid would limit the damage.

It would be a strategic dillema : "do I have nothing else to loose that this base on this planet and do I wish for him to wipe out his base as well or do I have a base on the other side of the planet as well that would be saved if I damaged the asteroid?"

as for planes shooting down nukes : WTF?
    Last edited: November 3, 2013
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Well obviously with the current implementation of Nucks it'd be ridiculous. It's not so crazy if you consider it with alongside a Nuck revamp as well. It'd have to be a series of rather drastic changes, but it's not totally unfeasible.

Mike
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it's as antipathic as the sharkoctopus.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

As I implied, it's all about context, with the right context it's not a problem.

Mike