Why Do you play Planetary Annihilation?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by masterofroflness, November 2, 2013.

1. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

I remember I made a post saying how you guys found out about PA but now I wanna know..why do you play this game?

Tell the stories of your journeys so we may nourish are young for eons and eons till we become nothing but space dust in the vast vacuum of existence. Then are dust is turned into cupcakes simply by adding our hearts and desires into a moist compact oven of love and soul energy in which we are all interconnected by a woven thread of spiders scorpions who will devour on our cruchy delights for eons and eons and eons for eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eonsfor eons and eons and eons
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

stuck keyboard?

I play PA because I love RTS games, but there haven't been any good ones in a while. Before you Starcraft fans jump on me, I don't like the Starcraft games – involve too much micro and the games feel small. I love large scale combat with gratuitous amounts of explosions. I strongly dislike RTS games that are squad based or hero focused. They're just small, dinky, and focus on one unit. Not much strategy involved.

I find the large scale combat to be much more strategy oriented and #$*& tons of fun.

I'm also very looking forward to waging war across entire solar systems as well as the exciting methods of destruction.

I loved Eve online due to the epic scale gameplay and crazy amounts of strategy involved. I think PA will be along the same lines. Epic scale warfare, and tons of strategy involved.
    Gunman006, Gerfand and LavaSnake like this.
  3. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Because it's fun.
  4. masterofroflness

I actually don`t like starcraft that much as well! I only played it for the cool customs and a way to hang out with my friends. Now all I need to do is play league to connect with my buddies not SC2. SC2 in my opinion isn't really strategy but more of an advanced version of guess who? I`m in total agreement with you as the scale of CIV and Total War was always a draw for me.

But Unit variety is also something that draws me as well which is why I loved Red Alert and Tiberium Wars. So when I heard hundreds of units with hundreds more from mods..the possibilities are endless.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  5. masterofroflness

your imagination is lacking....EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS EONS
  6. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

No. I can just say everything I need to say in 3 words.
    LavaSnake and archcommander like this.
  7. nobrains

nobrains Member

I love watching the game evolve.
    Gerfand and archcommander like this.
  8. masterofroflness

then you are of higher intelligence
  9. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

I just don't like using unnecessary words when I don't have to. =p
    archcommander likes this.
  10. masterofroflness

eonssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Play PA because its just simply awesome, the way its implemented is awesome, the graphic design is sweet, the gameplay and potential of this game is just completely off-the-charts especially when you compare it to other RTS games over the past decade. It has everything I want, crashing planets, battles on an epic scale, massive amounts of units like supcom, the modding capability, the way the planets are actually designed and how you can play across multiple planets, the types of planets, and hopefully by retail, the sense of scale....

are reasons why I play PA.
    Gunman006 and archcommander like this.
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I play PA to balance the universe. I still don't understand why there's not a parrade everyday in celebration of my name because I do this. they could be gratefull. I'm lending people their lives, really. I guess it's one of the conditions of being a balance keeper : I may never be allowed to find out the meaning of the great mystery behind no parades in my name.

I don't agree with it though.
    Last edited: November 2, 2013
  13. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Why do I play PA?
    Feedback for Uber and hope.

Hope that scale will improve and it actually feels like I'm fighting on a planet (that isn't King Kai's).
    Hope that we get those million unit wars.
    Hope that the completed roster kill kick some serious butt.
    Hope that the UI will improve the lineage of TA/SupCom/FA.

and most of all,
    Hope that this will supplant Forged Alliance (as my go-to RTS).
    tatsujb and stormingkiwi like this.
  14. deleterus

deleterus New Member

Because RTS is my live!
    Command & Conquer, Warzone 2100, Populous the beggining, Warhammer 40k DoW(Only first), KKnD, Age of empires, Empire earth, Rise of nations\Rise of Legends, Spellforce, Totall annihilation, Supreme commander, Company of heroes and others, and others, and others.
    And what i can say........ Planetary annihilation is really great strategy! Its already became one of my favourites games
    Gunman006 likes this.
  15. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

For the same reasons I play chess. For the psychology of it, the slow build, the consideration, the little gambits and counter attacks, the parries and pushes. Every move and thought building up until you spring into action.
    There is nothing more satisfying than watching your opponent realise you've bested him/her, that knowledge that you have defeated someone on a level field using nothing but your brain and your mastery of the form.

tl;dr: I love it when a plan comes together

Edit: I've always thought the only disadvantage computer games have over older forms (such as chess) nowadays is the inability to look your opponent in the eye and lie to them. The psychology of body language is a game in itself.
    Gunman006 and archcommander like this.
  16. skywalkerpl

skywalkerpl Member

Right now? Mostly for feedback and finding bugs. :)
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  17. masterofroflness

God im more like a checkers man myself but you drive a hard bargin stranger
  18. masterofroflness

I miss Rise of Nations and empire earth so much
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Because I'm a fan of the Chris Taylor school of RTS design, and I think this is the next game in that lineage. I also love to comp stomp with my brother and with sorian on board there isn't a better place to be.
  20. masterofroflness

stomp the yard man