A.I. too overpowered

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by antonyboysx, October 30, 2013.

1. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

They seem to be at least twice as fast in terms of construction; for example they have multiple nukes before i have built my first orbital launcher.
  2. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

.... when do you go orbital? The comp waits like 30 min to nuke? or maybe you get super ai?
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

You should always be getting a nuke before an orbital launcher.

Build nuke, scout. Nuke his nuke.
  4. godde

godde Well-Known Member

I'd say Sorian is doing a fairly good job.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Fun Fact, the AI doesn't cheat.

Mike
    Murcanic, beer4blood, corteks and 2 others like this.
  6. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

I get orbital about 30 mins into the game, hoping I get the unit-carrier (called "arstreous" or something like that) to carry my commander away from the nuke.
    I know that. But the seem to be expert player.
  7. KNight

When your AI is made by the best, expect the best. Over time it'll be adjustable, you should check out the January 10th Live Stream that had a segment with Sorian Talking about AI and taking a lot of AI related Questions.

Mike
    corteks, Quitch and LavaSnake like this.
  8. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

I know they will be adjustable, and this will be GOOD :)

I am also aware that the game is not finished!
  9. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Like most things in the game ATM, AI is a fluid feature that's being balanced as we go. Mike's working on lots of great stuff, including behaviors so expect to be able to adjust it.
  10. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

Yes, an actual Uber Employee! I would like to make the A.I. easier for now, but when I am professional player wanting a challenge, I would make them difficult XD
  11. KNight

You do know Sorian has been sharing his progress with the AI stuffs in the Backer Forum right?

Mike
  12. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

AI will never be OP, I suggest you to build a Anti-Nuke then Orbital, or even go rush to kill before it first nuke.
    spazzdla likes this.
  13. skywalkerpl

skywalkerpl Member

Never seen that happening.
    What I see going on most of the time is AI being totally dumb (and, keep in mind, I usually loose to human players in MP games) - I got my space lasers long before AI even STARTED to build nukes. And easily managed to blow up enemy commander more than once while he was still toying with air units.
  14. plague11

plague11 Member

So far from my take on the AI I like the why it's is but I wish that you could change the difficulty of the match against the AI in a furture build but so far the AI could be tone down a little bit to make things fair for newer players to the game like me.
  15. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

This is a confirmed feature, so just be patient. I know the struggle ;(
  16. antonyboysx

antonyboysx Member

Never seen that happening.
    What I see going on most of the time is AI being totally dumb (and, keep in mind, I usually loose to human players in MP games) - I got my space lasers long before AI even STARTED to build nukes. And easily managed to blow up enemy commander more than once while he was still toying with air units.[/quote]

This is the exact opposite of what I've seen; for me it is the complete other way round.
  17. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

This, "rush" an ANTI and you'll be fine against the comp.
  18. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

I am interested in how good the AI can get. The AI will now compete in the ladder to see how far it can get!!! That would be interesting.
    Last edited: October 30, 2013
  19. pulsar11

pulsar11 New Member

I'll play against 2-3 AI at a time. I'm able to stop them from nuking me by simply keeping some kind of offence and reduce there production. Doing this mean I don't build nukes myself (Makes it more fun) and building Anti-Nuke systems, though most of the time they don't get far enough to launch them.

I have however rushed a orbital launcher, Grab a rock and... well we all know what I do with it :D
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Are area commands still planned?

If you're struggling against the AI you just need to be more aggressive in your expansion. Build more fabbers. Right now the AI doesn't really expand and is incredibly limited, so it's going to get much tougher.
    stormingkiwi and antonyboysx like this.