2 months to release and the game feels like pre-alpha and is a letdown. Please delay the release.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by larse, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omniao

omniao Active Member

Be
    Best possible scenario: they make sequels to PA.
    PS Sorry for quoting you a lot, mike.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

But who are you to judge when something is amiss? To use the UI, People seem to be running around saying PA is doomed because it'll have a horrible UI, yet Neutrino has said on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS that they have a lot more to do on the UI but because we haven't seen that work yet people think it's not going to happen, which is just really weird in terms of a thought process.

Mike
    Quitch likes this.
  3. omniao

omniao Active Member

I think the game is awesome even with this UI.
  4. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Just because something works does not mean I cannot be improved. =p
    Culverin likes this.
  5. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Honestly, I think Xmass 2014 would be the best time. This game isn't ready.
  6. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

I strongly believe the UI for a multiplanetary RTS has to be a whole level above SupCom to be barely not annoying, so the UI features Uber promised (area commands, a simple minimap system etc) are really not enough in my opinion.
    And there are other areas that need a ton of improvements too, the aesthetics are not good at the moment, and the unit interactions and terrains really lack complexity, and there are still a lot of debugging and optimization work to do, so two months are really not enough.
    My suggestion is Uber should delay the game as much as it is financially affordable for them, perhaps they should focus on the moddability first then let modders help them improve the game contents.
    Last edited: October 30, 2013
    arsene likes this.
  7. arsene

arsene Active Member

I'm not doubting the game in general, but I'm a poor student that can't afford to spend money on a game if it's not worth the cost and I find the idea of buying a released version but then having to wait a year before the game is in a good enough state obnoxious. Note that uber themselves have said that it's quite possible they are going to delay the game.

I don't trust any development studio on principle. I find it a bit silly that many people agreed with the main post here, but as soon as an uber person shows up they revert to fanboy-mode and accept that everything is under control. Obviously the developers have more insight into the project than us and ultimately our opinion has no bearing on the final outcome, but I think the minimum you can expect is to trust the current beta builds/footage and see that it's simply lacking and use that as a factual basis for discussion.

PA is a quite relevant project in my opinion. It is/will be pretty much the only actual rts game with quality potential to come out since forever, so I feel like it is important to hold the game to a very high standard. It should at least be better than supcom1&2. I think they should delay the game for at least six months so they can deliver on that promise.
  8. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Just because you agree with the developers doesn't automatically make you a fanboy. =p

I am also worried about the state of the game, but my main concern is money. If they run out they may have to release an unfinished game too early.

But according to them, they have enough money to delay the game at least a few months if they have to, so I'm not so worried anymore.

If they feel they can get the job done with the money that they have, then I say they should take as long as they need.
    arsene likes this.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Maybe you are looking directly into the open chimney and you can't see the dozen engineers that control it right next to it?
    heyiisrandom likes this.
  10. radtoo

radtoo Member

First, you'll please note that it's not me who says that it is doomed

But that we can't instantly throw a quote from a recent entry in a developer blog of sorts that aggregates planned features and the work in progress at these people does seem to highlight a problem, at least to me.

People will just not read all the threads and all the posts to possibly find neutrino or another person talking in what are often pretty general terms.

But they will cry "sinking ship, abandon!" when they don't have detailed and extensive information what is yet to be added and see the current state of the game with its "Beta" status and the planned release date. And I see very little information that we can point them at to calm them down.

Quite possible... can I use a second monitor to open a second camera to the outside of the chimney? Can the people who are apparently very worried?
  11. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

I can see why uber felt the need create a new thread. Good to get an update from them, while this thread is very negative. People shold hold off on the worrying until later.
  12. atharol

atharol Member

Its dangerous like hell to force out a realese. 3 Days ago Command And Conquer Generals 2 had to shut down the entire game bc the community dident like what they did with the game:(.
  13. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Last edited: November 5, 2013
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Uber are VERY up front about their plans. They publically tell these plans during their Live Streams. They give us the detailed info all the time. It's right there in front of everyone's face. On Twitch and on Youtube. Easy peasy to find.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  15. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Other than map topology and interplanetary mechanisms, the current PA mostly feel like a much blander version of OTA, I doubt that is merely caused by its unfinished state and have nothing to do with the design direction, so forgive me if I can't trust Uber completely.
  16. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Just a request. Could this thread be locked now? I honestly don't think anything constructive will come from leaving it open now a little clarity has been given.
  17. radtoo

radtoo Member

I, too, do enjoy the videos they post, but somewhere in some video is not "Easy peasy to find".

This is should be obvious from observing what kind of questions people ask on the forums and how they get answered by players. Usually with an unspecific "it'll be all right" - few can point people to when and where and how Uber promised to solve one or another issue someone is concerned about.
  18. KNight

KNight Post Master General

We can point out the comments and such in many cases, but it's really annoying when the same questions get asked again and again and again.

Some handy resources you should check out/use;

Topic Index(slightly out of date but kinda not really)
    Confirmed Feature List 2.0
    Live Stream Index 2.0
    Forum Search

Mike
    Last edited: October 30, 2013
    DeadStretch likes this.
  19. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

20. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

I use to be proud to be a gamer, but these new generation entitlement babys, i paid money for this game it better be just how i want it and done on time, makes me sick. This is not your game, its ubers they will make it as they see fit, you should be honored that they want our ideas to consider and alloe us to be apart of this game as it grows. Try that with EA, it will get you no where. If your concerned about the game, thats fine but dont put down peoples hard work based on assumptions not to mention the fact its not done. told myself not to attack this thread but, couldnt help it.
    Keep working uber, i have had nothing but positive experiences with pa so far.
    Grimseff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.