We NEED a kick feature!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xenith881, October 26, 2013.

?

Should there be a kick feature?

1. Yes, the host should be able to kick out players (host could be afk though)

44.1%
  2. Yes, players can have a vote to kick a player (may have number required to kick player)

41.2%
  3. No, I think trolls are awesome and I like to make people miserable.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Simply no.

5.9%
  5. I have another idea... (be serious about it and post)

8.8%
  1. xenith881

xenith881 New Member

We need a kick feature to kick out the annoying afkers that join a game and just sit there, whether it be the host or a vote kick system, personally I prefer a vote kick system because one person can simply just kick another because he can, also if the creator happens to be the one afk. It's hard enough to get a larger game going and with the new feature for loading a system while in the lobby, having to remake a game simply cause of one...idiot causes so much more hassle than necessary. My system takes enough time to get into games as it is, I'm tired of it being ruined by someone else who can not hit a ready button, simply is a troll, or unfortunately something came up and he or she forgot to leave, or thought they would be coming back but unable to.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who agree with me on this, and this is necessary to have in the game. Also, a little bit of organization of the forums with categories such as ground, naval, air, orbital, suggestions or inquiries, something of this nature, because I would imagine this is not the first thread, and they are jumbled up in just one area it seems, just an idea. Thanks for reading.
  2. omniao

omniao Active Member

It needs to be something like if everyone else is ready, a countdown starts anyways. Like call of duty zombies.
    Or instead of being "ready", if more than half of the people vote to start it will. I have this problem because when I'm in the lobby I sometimes have to go do other things like, getting water, a snack, or a trip to the porcelain cruise .
  3. occusoj

occusoj Active Member

Ive asked for kick features some time before and if I remember that right, it is definately planned to be included in PA.

A votekick would be very nice, maybe combined with a host that can kick offending players.
    Since I prefer votekick somewhat, I opted for it on your poll.
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

It's in the works it's just not implemented yet. It's most likely a vote system.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

host rights I think is a good idea.
    majority vote kick is a super bad idea. you're not as responsible as the people you elect in congress and the senate. and even they are irresponsible.
  6. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Yes I agree but it has to be done in a clever way so the kick feature itself can't be used to troll.
  7. tatsujb

exactly.

troll loophole -> replace with other troll loophole .... fixed?maybe???
    archcommander likes this.
  8. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

If there is a kick feature, people will find a way to abuse it.
  9. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

Why users must press ready ??? This is a very bad choice. Host decides when to start independently if the users are ready or not.

This is how SC2 works too. If i know I have the possibility to lock the room, I can enter it and then going afk voluntarily
  10. tatsujb

no.

Plus SC2 is not to be made an example of.
  11. skywalkerpl

skywalkerpl Member

That's why IMHO it should be limited to host. Otherwise I can see it simply being abused or people not reacting to the kick requests when needed (that's a common issue with any sort of game - huge chunk of people ignoring notifications about kick requests, simply because 90% of time these are made by people who are simply frustrated on their opponents and want to get rid of them - so if (rarely) a kick request got some merit - everyone just skip in).
  12. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

- If it was up to a vote, and you end up in a game with a select few pricks that end up being the 'majority' vote, you get kicked out when it should be the hosts's decision to make.

- If you're in a room with your friend and someone else joins and they're a *****, you cannot vote them out if your friend (host) goes afk. So you're screwed either way.

The host should have kicking power. There's a reason we have the structure of administrators and moderators on webpages, forums, games, and whatnot. The voting system becomes bias. You can see that even here on these forums.

There's administrators, the Uber employees, some moderators like Colin for example, and then the playerbase. If we as a playerbase had a vote option to block people from playing the game, some players would abuse it to no end, and we wouldn't get anywhere better than we were before. The abusers stay and those who did nothing get blocked.

We have moderators to report those who cause issues to, and hosts, IE admins, to survey the overall integrity of the forums. Vote kick is a decent idea, but too easily abused as well as not powerful enough. An admin/mod ability style where the host can give certain players power to kick makes a structure. I can't imagine vote kick will be very effective in games of 30 to 40 players.
  13. xenith881

xenith881 New Member

The above is true and honestly either way chosen will present issues. The simplest solution would be that the host begins the game and has the ability to kick others in his game. I have played other games where I did not particularly enjoy this as it would be difficult enough to find a game with a host that was actually there. The most impractical thing would be a player vote system now that I think back on it as with 30-40 players that would just be a disaster. Another system just an idea would be once a majority of the players have selected ready say oh...75-80% of a given game. That a timer begins to count down and if after the specified time limit the players that did not select ready would be removed from the game, at which time the system would reset to allow more players to rejoin the game to fill up the empty space. Also with this, keep the idea that the host can remove people and start the game as he or she sees fit if they no longer wish to wait to refill the game or someone decides to be an afk troll and rejoin just to sit there.