Who's your nemesis?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ailosacath, October 24, 2013.

?

Who would you like to have on the opposite side in battle from the PA team?

1. Jon Mavor

47.4%
  2. Steve Thompson

5.3%
  3. Kevin Francis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Brad Nicholson

31.6%
  5. William Howe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mike Robbins

10.5%
  7. Marc Scattergood

5.3%
  8. Ben Golus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Steve Smith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ailosacath

ailosacath New Member

Ever since i heard BradNicholson saying he loved turtling in the middle not messing up to much when in 3v3, I have had this itch comming up wich i have had b4 with SC. And its that i want to battle him to see what he can do.

So for now (and probably the first 100 battles cause thats probably how long it takes for me to beat him) il call him my arch enemy, my nemesis, my coach, my hero.

So big question to everyone out there, who would you like to have on the opposite side in a battle from the dev team(with out them using the delete key;))
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Huh? I don't get the point of the poll.

I haven't played against any of those people, and I'm not sure some of them would like to have their full name.

If you want to have a post talking about nemesis's, then go for it. But don't have the poll, since there are literally tens of thousands of players.

Also, why bring up the dev team? The majority of them aren't actually very good players. They spend more of their time developing the game rather than playing.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  3. ailosacath

ailosacath New Member

ehm, no harm intended ( and there full names are listed online (will take it of in request)=)

As for the point of the poll (i have seen some great strategy going round the pa team in the live streams)

so the question lituraly is who would you like to play/learn from in the pa team, who do you see as your coach, hero .

nemesis is more of a funny way to put it since the best way of learning strategy is being on the receving end =)(thats why there is a stripe trough coach/hero.
    Last edited: October 25, 2013
    bradaz85 likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's the thing, while you may have a lot to learn from them, we can't relate. much better strategies have been going around the forums.
    this is the highlight of his post.

If you want a really good coach, like pro-level, I suggest going over to faf and training there. or just on the PA IRC and play with the people there. probably noone on the dev team could beat Gunshin, Zaphodx, Neptunio, Cola_colin, Mushroomars, Superouman ect... no criticism intented of course.

It's just that your poll doesn't stand upright. I also refuse to vote.
    Last edited: November 2, 2013
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  5. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

This seems more like a "Who are you frustrated with in PA's dev team and would like to crush in a game online, (so that you feel better perhaps)" poll...
    stormingkiwi and tatsujb like this.
  6. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I don't understand, the question is :
    Who would you like to have on the opposite side in battle from the PA team?
    Whats wrong with that?
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a game against any of em, but thats me!
  7. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

My nemesis is the loading screen.
  8. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Maybe the poll is just 4 fun, why get worked up over it?
  9. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

This. A lot of people on the forums hate seeing anything posted on the forums that they think doesn't suit them or the forum. (I'm not one of them)
  10. ailosacath

ailosacath New Member

True true, Isn't that true for w8ting in general =)
  11. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I don't think the guy meant harm. I think this is just for fun. Although I do think they are trying to avoid their full names on the forums with the exception of Brad.
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I know he didn't mean any harm. I never accused him of that.

I just didn't see the point.

This post would have been better if there were no poll. So we'd get into discussion in the comments about who we'd love to fight or learn from. That way we'd be able to write in our own answers since I'd rather learn from people who aren't on that list.

Also, I think the word "nemesis" threw people off of OP's original thread intent.
    archcommander likes this.
  13. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

My nemesis is gravity. Keep forgetting Orbital exists and by the time I remember it's there it's too late
    stormingkiwi and ailosacath like this.
  14. ailosacath

ailosacath New Member

sounds like ......

incomming plannneeeeettttt!)