Terrible horrible framerate

Discussion in 'Support!' started by unreasonableman, October 23, 2013.

1. unreasonableman

unreasonableman New Member

I've played the beginning of beta and then had a hiatus until now. I was excited to play again however the framerate is absolutely horrible. Since this is beta I am sure you are changing things constantly but yeah. Whatever you did over the past month has killed my framerate. I am consistently getting single digit fps which is glorious but unplayable.

Relevant info:
    AMD 8150
    ATI HD 6850
    16 gigs ram
  2. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

There is quite a few threads on performance issues, and pretty much everyone will need you to post your DxDiag.txt file so we can see more info about your system. Do the usual stuff, check your graphics card drivers, make sure their up to date, if they are, try rolling back see if that helps any, disable HDR if you have that enabled, tweak some of the settings, Lava planets performance are terrible by default right now anyway if you were using that, Dont do an insane amount of planets, or planets with a huge radius like 1000 or anything, start small and see where your performance lets you be at.
    maxpowerz and cwarner7264 like this.
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I'm making a thread to help people improve in game performance.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/how-to-improve-frame-rates-all-video-cards.53165/
    It's now sticky and will stay at the top of this forum.

Have you tried everything i have suggested in that thread ??

What operating system are you using?

Some quick questions about your current Game settings:

Are you using UBER settings?
    is HDR and or FXAA on?

And some questions about your Video Cards "Advanced Settings"

In your ATI catalyst control center what are you Advanced 3D settings set to.
    Texture Filtering : is this at performance or at quality ?
    Do you have "Anti-Aliasing" set to anything other than Application Controlled?
    Do you have "Anisotropic filtering" set to anything other than Application Controlled?
    Do you have "Vsync" set to always off or something else?

can you post a copy of your DxDiag.txt here Please.
    VCoMxt8.png

and a copy of your most recent log file too.
    C:\Users\"YourUserName"\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log\PA-00-00-00.000.txt
    "Click sort by date so the most recent one is at the top and post that one here."

It will help us fault find any issues and allow us to offer a better solution to your problems :)

I will also add anything new to the sticky thread to help people in this situation so its easy to find an answer to these issues :)
    Last edited: October 23, 2013
  4. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Atleast you can play a game all i get is a black screen...
  5. maxpowerz

Do you get the main menu?

And have you read the thread i posted above??

If following those instructions fails, please post a copy of DxDiag.txt (if you use windows) on the other thread and i will assist you in getting into the game if possible :)
    And your PA log file.

Instructions on how to do this are on the other thread.
  6. rick104547

rick104547 Member

No i tried everything already but it doesnt help. Uber has to fix their **** its not a bug on my end. Even before they did that broken update the performance in the game was horrible. Even crysis 3 on maxed settings 1440p gets many times more fps than PA on minimal settings.
  7. maxpowerz

Then i can't really see why you would be having issues then if your pc can run crysis 3.
    I'm playing PA on a "Tablet PC" with an INTEL HD 4000 chipset and i get 30 fps.

Maybe if you Posted your DxDiag.txt and PA-00-00-00-000.txt log file so i can assist you instead of just whining about the game not working then maybe you would get further than you are now :)
  8. maxpowerz

I would also like to add, im not an uber employee im just a fan , but one who cares if you enjoy the game or have difficulties playing the game.

I want to help YOU and UBER , to do this we need all the info about as many different hardware setups as possible.
    PC hardware differs greatly from PC to PC, so the bug MAY be your end OR the game may not be compatible with something in your PC system or video card.

In order to fix this during BETA development the feedback you give us in the DxDIAG.txt file and the PA-00-00-00-00-000.txt file helps a lot more than any complaint about performance or black screen issues.

Please allow us to ASSIST you by complaining less and complying more. I'm sure the end result will satisfy us both :)
  9. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

The guys a troll, You can't play Crysis 3 on max settings using a AMD 6850... Theres just no chance, Best he'd be able to manage is medium settings at about 720p getting 20 fps. I have a 7970 and i get about 60 fps on high settings...
  10. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

What hardrive you using and when did you make the install?
  11. Timevans999

Do not play with your settings in your catalyst centre I have never needed to do this. It does make your graphics look terrible.
  12. Timevans999

I agree with this guy and again never change anything in control centre, always use the game video options.
  13. maxpowerz

Maybe if you use High Performance in basic settings
    Or High Performance , in texture filtering settings in the advanced 3D ( i use Performance over Quality for new games like "Dead island Riptide, PA", on low end games i use High Quality as it cleans textures up a lot but at a cost of a lot of extra GPU usage).

Turning AA , AF and others to app controlled makes little graphical difference, but impacts performance heaps.
    If an application has its own AA, AF filters and you use the AA and AF filters on the video card too then double the work is being done. if a game is made to use the hardware filters then u need this setting set to application controlled or it wont happen it will force the video card to use a certain one instead of the one Optimized for the game.

I'm an indie Dev, i have a decent understanding of how GPU's work
  14. Timevans999