No cursor/Block cursor Ubuntu 12.04/13.04/13.10

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by hvhp, October 18, 2013.

1. hvhp

hvhp Member

Hey,

Ivce set it all up with 3.11 kernal and done the DPM and pretty much everything but i always get a mess'd up cursor in PA

Is there a fix for this? Have not played BETA still because of this issue
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

3. hvhp

hvhp Member

Ha, I read all of it except for the bit under the perferatted lines, DOH

Your a legend still in my eyes ;)
  4. hvhp

hvhp Member

When i run debugger it asked to download PyPar2 which i don't believe is right? thats some file verifying thing isn't it? Otherwise it would not load debugger :/
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

How exactly it's asked you to download it?
  6. hvhp

hvhp Member

A message box came up and said you will need this to run the program. I installed it thinking it was right thing to do but im guessing it wasn't. Just like it pops up when theres updates

EDIT
    Could not display "/home/ubu/.local/share/Steam...anetary Annihilation/Debugger".
    There is no application installed for executable files.
    Do you want to search for an application to open this file?

Click ok and it recommends pypar2
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you go to this directory in terminal and just run Debugger as "./Debugger"?
  8. hvhp

hvhp Member

Weird....

ubu@ubu:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation$ ./Debugger
    bash: ./Debugger: Permission denied
    ubu@ubu:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation$ sudo ./Debugger
    sudo: ./Debugger: command not found
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

chmod +x ./Debugger
  10. hvhp

hvhp Member

Hey SXX,

What a dumb move i didn't realise that :)

I've followed (tried) instructions but i have this with still a blocky cursor, I should have showed that in the pick but it was still a square block. If i load it through steam i have no cursor haha

[​IMG]

It says something about opening all coherent things but im not understanding. Sorry be a bug bear about this
    Last edited: October 19, 2013
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is two ways how you can make debugger works:
    • Try to run it normally and then resize it's window.
    • If it's not help try to run it with software renderer:
      LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 ./Debugger
      Then if it's glitch try to resize again.
  12. hvhp

hvhp Member

Still the same no matter what i do, done things and get the same. I hope steam OS doesn't suck like this
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Okay today I'll try to find out how exactly to reproduce "fixing" behavior with wget. I'll post back here when made something working.

It's not related to OS, only crappy drivers :(

PS: If you not done this yet you can make some post in this thread on AMD forums:
    http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/167591
  14. hvhp

hvhp Member

It been reported but ill keep an eye on that forum, Ill play around a little myself see if i stumble up on anything
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's doesn't mater it's reported or not, but if many people report problem chances to fix in proprietary drivers is higher.
  16. Mattymooz

Mattymooz New Member

^^^ It's not that the OS sucks, more like the devs just haven't considered it yet. There are barely any bugs on windows as this is where their attention is focused as that is where the majority of their user base is.

I'm getting these no cursor issues too, and the workaround doesn't fix it either #firstworldproblems ;)
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You mean using the debugger to reload the icons and cursor doesn't work for you? I thought it worked for everybody.
    Where does it go wrong? You managed to start the debugger and click on all of the "Coherent View"-thingies and nothing happens?
  18. hvhp

hvhp Member

You cant see any options, Look at my picture above!
  19. Mattymooz

Mattymooz New Member

What hvhp said

Plus, I mainly posted here so that the devs knew that this was a bug that was effecting multiple users and needed fixing before release ;) It would look reeeeeally bad if they launched when no linux users could play because of the cursor being invisible
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's very very annoying. But being able to play would still be nice, so see my instructions further down this post.
    Ah, I had something similar too. I turns out the debugger is quite finicky as to where it's started. Download the debugger and unzip it. There will be a directory called "Linux" and "html". Copy the html directory to your PA installation directory and then copy the file "Debugger" from the "Linux" directory to your PA installation directory. Finally, make the Debugger executable using "chmod +x Debugger". Your PA installation directory should now look like this (for the non-Steam version anyway):
    Code:
    Coherent_UI.log
    Debugger
    html
    libfmodevent64-4.44.16.so
    libstdc++.so.6
    media
    tools
    crashupload
    host
    libCoherentUI.so
    libfmodex64-4.44.16.so
    licenses.txt
    PA
    version.txt
    Then run the debugger using by typing "./Debugger" from inside the PA installation directory.

Does that work?