Describe your perfect Commander!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by iron420, July 5, 2013.

1. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Well with all the talk about the different types of commanders out there I thought it might be nice to hear what you guys think the ideal commander should be. Of course, I'll start :) :

I think every commander should be amphibious. I also think every commander should have a D-gun (or Uber Cannon) to defend itself since they are so important. Aside from that comes the variability.

Chassis: For me, I LOVE spider mechs. I want my commander to be a spider type mech. Perhaps a benefit of this commander would be an increase in the base speed of the commander or the ability to climb mountains / canyons. Other types could by a flying (but slow) Chassis, or the standard bot Chassis.

Active Ability 1: Cloak! I loved it in TA. Simple and effective.

Active Ability 2: Personal Teleporter. Like the teleporter gateway structure that is planed but only for personal emergency use.

Passive Ability: Resource Generation. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to still build units and continue fighting with my forces after escaping the destruction of my base. Even better if sub commanders have this too! Having an underwater or asteroid secret base with an ability to stay competitive (as long as you still have your commanders and sub commanders) is my favorite way to play! Forces coming out of nowhere from an opponent you thought you killed! Delicious!
  2. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

WLTM giant self-replicating death robot from the future. Preferably with ability to reclaim/capture, and D-gun on other arm. Cloaking device preferred but not required. Something like TA would be nice.
    archcommander likes this.
  3. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Cassis: Half spider half human (Bottom being spider, the top being humanoid), a bit like the spider deadra from Oblivion, just aloot more mechanized and gender-neutral (not noticably female or male). The head and any other places thats easily noticed should be noteably machine like (it shouldent look alive or like something wearing armor, it should look like a machine). Painted black with red lights/lasers/etc (think the cybran color theme from supcom, its kinda cybran design too, insect like).

Weaponry: Two quick fireing lasers on its arms (like the bots kinda) working double as fabbers. One long cannon attached on its shoulder (Uber-cannon).

Ability 1: Passive stealth (Not invisible, just not seen on radar).
    Ability 2: Passive speed boost (A bit faster moving then the norm).

I do realise that something like a speed boost is unlikely since it would effect build speed (getting to locations faster) and such unique weaponry (dual lasers) also being unlikely, but im talking about a fictional commander that i would like, not necessarily a completely balanced one.
  4. dacite

dacite Member

[​IMG]

If they added the reaper sound as well I would never leave my computer again.
    Telvi and bradaz85 like this.
  5. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

it makes sense to me that commanders would be able to self replicate, though perhaps at high cost or slow build time?

Might open room to break game, as I know most ppl would just double double double until late game you have a thousand plus commanders scattered across your system
  6. Kraqen

Kraqen New Member

That would mean a nuclear kamikaze party.

But still a good idea having more commanders.
  7. technoxan

technoxan New Member

What game is that from! it looks cool. (what isint with a machine like that :mrgreen: )
  8. dacite

dacite Member

9. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Mass effect III to be specific.

Mass effect 1 and 2 does include reapers but they barely make a appearance (one is shown and defeated in mass effect one, one "larva state reaper" is in mass effect two, other then that they mainly use pawns/servants/slaves in the first two games ("geth" in the first game & "collectors" in the second) without ever appearing themselves (other then in short cutscenes with harbinger and the after credits video)).
  10. dacite

dacite Member

Sovereign from ME1 is the iconic reaper though. He had the most personality. Pity about the games themselves. Such a good design for cosmic evil squandered on unfocused story-lines in ME 2 and 3. The Reapers or maybe The Inhibitors from Revelation Space would be a fantastic faction in a RTS.
  11. technoxan

technoxan New Member

12. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Shaped like a mechanical dragon and instead of the Uber gun he shoots fire balls.
    evilaxis likes this.
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

mix between supcom fa cybran commander and delta with chaingunarm that has a bigger U-gunbarrel in its center .. the microwavebeam on its chest with teleport and cloak and of course the missile (that are also torpedoes) wings .. and sort of X - shaped builder arm
    .. .. .. is that to much? :D
  14. gamerx112

gamerx112 Member

well the spider commander isnt really a dream anymore, apparently we have access to it.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I want a commander with a cat like body.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Sharktopus commander.

h/t masterofroflness
  17. KNight

KNight Post Master General

[​IMG]
    The Real Alpha Commander Please.

Mike
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  18. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

The Good and Old Core and Arm Commaders
  19. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

High mobility.
    Possible jump jets?

Sniper.
    Half firing rate, double the range, faster bullet time.

[​IMG]
    bradaz85 and tatsujb like this.
  20. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Here it is...

[​IMG]
    archcommander likes this.