Space warfare?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jimmyw1994, October 18, 2013.

1. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

Hi, I would love to see space battles if possible. That way there would be even greater replay ability and having ships performing orbital bombardment would be epic. Along with space battles where ship parts perhaps crash into the planet? I might be asking for to much but just wanted to bring the idea up if it hasn't already.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You should do a search, it's been brought up countless times before.

The Short answer is no space battles.

Mike
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

Thanks for the info o7
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You want homeworld (love it), play homeworld. I don't want any watered down version here. That's not what PA is about.
  5. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

Yeah homeworld was a great game. I was simply bringing up the idea because this is the ONLY real time strategy game that's not becoming a squad against squad type game such as dawn of war, or most of the recent rts releases. So I would like to see everything that's possible be done to ensure that I can replay this game over and over again without getting bored. It looks great and it plays great right now, but a game can always become more epic, like the developers said its up to us to throw out ideas on how to make the game better I was simply throwing out a idea.
  6. cmdrfirezone38

cmdrfirezone38 Member

That is a great idea. But lets put it this way, this community is not always that open to certain things. They are very quick to slashing your throat if you try to mess with their idea they have boxed up for this game.
  7. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

I completely understand. The space warfare idea would be a add on for a later date if Uber deemed it a good idea. As of now though the game looks like a lot of fun and will last me as long as Uber keeps updating/adding things for free or for a cost.
  8. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

its really not like that. Its more like the devs have talked about it with us and said certain things that lead us to believe the information that knight brought. Its not about slitting throats but more like it gets frustrating to have some one new each day come in with what they believe to be a brand new idea, when a simple search or look at a sticky would yield them the answer.
    corteks likes this.
  9. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

Sorry if I bothered anyone.
  10. cmdrfirezone38

cmdrfirezone38 Member

But do remember on the livestream that was before the last that they said they may look into doing some form of mid-space battles because people have been asking for it since the game has been announced.
  11. cmdrfirezone38

cmdrfirezone38 Member

You didn't bother anyone. Well you didn't bother me at lest. New people in the community are always nice to have.
  12. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

Oh ok that's great :) I am going to have to start checking out the live stream more often.
  13. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Ya you should Totally check out the live streams. They talk about their thoughts and stuff they are working on / what they have planned. And they do change their mind sometimes. Also they do listen to what we have to say. You didn't bother anyone, your just a little late to the party. ;). Welcome to PA.
  14. jimmyw1994

jimmyw1994 New Member

Happy to be here :D
  15. corteks

corteks Active Member

Agree so much. It's like since they introduced Halleys there's been a million threads going "how do I make them work?" It isn't that asking a question is bad, in fact I wouldn't have known how to use Halleys if it wasn't for someone asking the question, but it's that it has come up over and over again and the community gets sick of repeating itself basically.

I mean generally I'd always lurk around a forum for a while to get a feel (I consider that pretty standard, especially cause some communities can actually be rather cutthroat to newbs), but even without that lots of things have been discussed before so it's likely a search will reveal what it is. And hey, if a search doesn't find it and you make a thread stating you tried to search then people will probably be less short with you because you did make an effort.
  16. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

As been said early no mid space battle planed for release (They got to draw the line on features some where or we end up with endless beta.)
    At the moment orbital combat is kinda like space combat any way and my be as close to it will get plus orbital bombardment will be at release.

But development do not finish at release so where from release who knows.
    also I am very sure some one will give it a good crack at modding it in since uber is encouraging modding.

Any other questions possibly look through feature list 2.0 (it is pinned at the top) some interesting thread links to look at that can get you up to speed.
    Last edited: October 18, 2013
  17. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yes. I shall eco - because it's important.

Do a search before posting many things have already been discussed before.

Not in the game.