Gameplay SupCom2 vs PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by aldawile, October 11, 2013.

?

Will PA gameplay be more like:

1. TA Total Anihillation

67.1%
  2. SC Supreme Commander

22.9%
  3. SC2 Supreme Comander 2 (with consoles)

10.0%
  1. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

i too like to number two while game

^
    actually, I don't, but that was fun to say.
  2. wizardrealm

wizardrealm New Member

I second on it... epic battles are always fun when they are epic on scale of armies and the ability to make every unit count, in PA i feel like i just need to get to the near asteroid as fast as possible (RUSH out of the planet) and power build and hurl it to my enemy. Sorry but PA still is a loose to win game..
  3. amphok

amphok Member

if you mean tech 1 units remain useful when t2 get out, then you are wrong, t2 are just t1 with better stats, like in Ta/Supcom and other game similar to this
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Advanced units do have better stats. But they are more expensive. It's easier to pump out more basic units than advanced units, making them valid.
  5. wizardrealm

wizardrealm New Member

I would have to disagree with that, yes T2 are better then T1 but they should be slower and clunky, expensier to produce, they do have better armor and weapons but speed should be better for T1. If T1 units become useless after you start producing advance units then what is the point of even having them on the game, a player would just need to power build to the next level of units, saving that precious resources from making useless units, in my view that don't make it an interesting game.
    Then PA should just be 1 tier of units and don't pretend to make advance or next level units or what ever they want to call them. If a lot of you still play Total Annihilation, and with the best mods out there (TAESC) you would see that every unit counts from T1 to T5 if it even exists... lol, but makes the game more exciting.
  6. sovietpride

sovietpride Member

And with that kind of a statment, you're showing you don't really know how to play this game at a decent level.
    Not that that's a bad thing. But you can't balance the game for both the casual and the serious gamer at the same time.

To your example: Do you stop building T1 as soon as you hit T2?
    No. Because you can more easily get out T1 units to multiple locations. Yes, T2 is stronger than T1. But unlike in SC, there's so much more area to cover that those advanced units won't be everywhere.

Eventually, T1 might lose their purpose. But that transition from T1 ->T2 is a long, long way off from flat out t2 spam.

As an aside, can we please not compare supcom2 to PA? Supcom 2 wasn't exactly the best game in the world. SC and TA were much, MUCH better.
    Culverin and brianpurkiss like this.
  7. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

They were originally called T1 and T2 in game PA, Neutrino got a little funny over the matter with everyone arguing over it, so he changed it to basic and advanced... There's no reason to say that this is final, after all, "Beta is beta" Quote from brianpurkiss.

Also, from most alpha players here, they will probably always be remembered as T1 and T2, it makes sense, and its quicker.

And lastly, Does it really matter? I mean really...?
  8. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Each Tier would be another prerequisite.
    No offense to Uber, but trying to change the terminology isn't going to change reality.

This game still has a Tech Tree, even if you want to slap your own branding on it.

[​IMG]
    tatsujb and bradaz85 like this.
  9. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I agree Culverin, Using the tiered system worked and it made sense. And it will most likely remain this way in most peoples eyes I reckon. But to be fair, it doesn't matter in the least what each of us call it, it doesn't change a thing, it is just what one calls it.
  10. wizardrealm

wizardrealm New Member

That looks like the build tree from TAWP and TA:ESC good call Culverin... i got a Lan game coming up... i play with the main modder.. "Wotan"
  11. seanshan

seanshan New Member

Hi All, I have a simple question, but will lead with a statement. I reside in South Africa and at best we have a somewhat mediocre broad band connection locally moving to international sites we experience high pings and disconnections.
    question:
    Will UBER allow gamers to to run dedicated server to play "LAN" games where the internet servers to verify everyone has a valid account but the server as such is local and the lan experience can be thoroughly appreciated?

Regards

Seanshan
  12. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Hey man
    Just make a thread instead of replying to this one.
    Everyone is going to assume you are discussing gameplay sup com2 or PA.

I don't know your answer otherwise I'd chime in

Welcome to the forums.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

answer to seanshan, yes.
    plz click on the orange arrow.