Black Hole Bomb

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by acurazum, October 16, 2013.

1. acurazum

acurazum New Member

Hi, i wanted to know
    will there be something like black hole bomb
    that would be sended to the sun to destroy all the planets around?
  2. gamerx112

gamerx112 Member

I don't see why that should be added. if you kill and destroy everything in the solar system then that means all the commanders die also. whats the point in making it if you create draws. killing the enemy first just to die a little bit later results in a draw and I don't mean figurative either. so making a super weapon to destroy the sun is pointless, rather I would like to see if they can make something that would use the sun to help with eco. I dont mean the solar arrays but something that would be like a solar array and sent to the sun to gather power, or sent to a planet and depending on the range of the planet from the sun would gauge how much energy you produce.
  3. acurazum

acurazum New Member

For total annihilation =))) plus special escape capsule for that would be nice too =)
  4. acurazum

acurazum New Member

For Fun =))) thats what for the games are =) Isn't it?
  5. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

That doesn't sound like fun to me.
    stuart98 and cwarner7264 like this.
  6. acurazum

acurazum New Member

:cool:
  7. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

When multiple players are fighting over control of the solar system, then how is it any fun if one player invalidates all that fighting by turning it into a massive draw? A most unrewarding game ender.
  8. acurazum

acurazum New Member

Well the game called 'Planetary Annihilation' and not 'Planetary Control of the Solar System' ....
    Its about destroying and not building things... or am I wrong?
  9. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Destroying things still has to make sense from a gameplay perspective. Forcing a game into a draw doesn't make much sense though.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

herm! because nautrino said himself why not.
  11. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

This bomb could be added, but it would only be useful if you want everyone's solar panels to shut down. Aside from lack of light, replacing sun with a black hole won't affect anything in any way.
    Tankh likes this.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Might I suggest calling this bomb the 'Arrow'? :)

Last edited: October 16, 2013
  13. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Core Commander resets the universe.
    Gerfand likes this.
  14. gamerx112

gamerx112 Member

For Fun =))) thats what for the games are =) Isn't it?[/quote]
    yeah but its needs to make sense otherwise it would be used as a grief tool. I don't know about you but I would be rather pissed playing for an hour against a turtle trying to get that thing operational just for it to end in a draw
  15. acurazum

acurazum New Member

If the hole will be big enough it can suck the planets inside :rolleyes:
  16. acurazum

acurazum New Member

I'm sure that in the options would be on/off function
  17. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Were are you going to get mass for a bigger black hole? All you have is the sun.
    If you admit that your idea is bad and unbalanced enough that you agree on it being optional, then it's not worth implementing in the first place.
    Your idea is basically "to make flipping the table officially allowed move in the chess" with no justification whatsoever. And no, black holes aren't fun. They don't even look good (they don't look anyhow at all).
    comham likes this.
  18. acurazum

acurazum New Member

I hope your question is not serious...

If this is what you see "between the lines" that doesn't exist, then... well.....................
  19. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I hope your answer isn't serious. Black holes require mass that can only come from stars hundreds of times bigger than the sun, and, judging by the scale of planets in PA relative to buildings, units, asteroids, and stars, the stars in pa are quite a bit smaller than the sun.

I don't even...

This isn't remotely close to being an intelligent suggestion, just abandon the thread and let it die.

I would have used the abandon thread snail, but apparently I'm a new user and therefore can't use links, including images.
    cwarner7264 and BulletMagnet like this.
  20. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I don't see why that should be added.

It's practically a suicide weapon that causes you to win and lose.

If that were in game, that'd only be a tactic to choose if you're a troll or about to lose. Don't feed the trolls. And, if you are losing, you wouldn't have the economy to build something like that because it'd need so many resources to be balanced.

Also doesn't work on a scientific/realism standpoint.

My vote: No.