Quick Question

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dud10982, October 16, 2013.

1. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

I was just wondering if Uber is eventually going to add a save game function for AI games. I know thattheir focusing mainly for online, but I enjoy a good AI game and they can take several hours for me. If anyone could clear this up for me I would be eternally grateful.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

With the way the replay system is being done long term your Replay file will let you resume the game from any point you want.

Mike
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

That may not be true for AI. You'll have mighty big problems with internal state that isn't expressed as curve data.

It's best to ask @sorian about that - he'd know best.
  4. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

It shows the "continue" option, but either it crashes when trying to load, or loads but just shows a black screen along with the player names. I havent played that many games, but it has never worked for me. I dont know if its my computer that's the issue, or a bug in the game.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

lol that's what the game would look like the first time you load into it if the load time started from when you launched the game not when you joined the host.

you must simply wait it out.

shame. you could have continued those games had you been patient. now indeed this time untill the screen goes from black whith just names to fully back into the game will vary a tad from pc to pc, but not that much.

what Knight is telling you is that in the final release version of the game we'll be saying bye-bye to saves because the game will be auto-saving each second and you will get to pick up any and all games that you've played vs AI at any point in it's time, if you so desire.
  6. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

ok, that helps me out alot, thanks, and yea lol im not very patient as you could tell
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This will be added. And when the game leaves beta, there will be offline play as well.

You should also watch the Galactic War trailer:

This will be an epic randomized campaign that will be a helluva lot of fun. I imagine that will be just what you're looking for.