Faction #2 - Faction Naming Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

?

What Should Faction #2's Name Be?

1. Followers of the Founder

131 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Temple of the First

208 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. The Enlightened

434 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Army of the Creator

172 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Hey, guys! We'd like you to help us name our second faction. If you haven't seen the news yet check out this post:

Yep! We're doing it again. In this thread, we've supplied four faction names we'd like you guys to help us with. Feel free to throw out your comments, questions, and ideas as you vote. Like last time, this is all about you guys, the community, leaving a footprint in the game. Thanks for all the support!

The faction leader naming thread is here. The symbol thread is here. Polling closes on October 18, 2013.
    Last edited: October 15, 2013
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

The only one that does anything for me is 'The Enlightened'. The others are too cheesy ;)
  3. comham

comham Active Member

Space robot religion! Always good to have an evangelical faction in. I voted Temple of the First because in the leader name poll I voted First Follower Malach, and it's nice that they match.

The Enlightened is a bit bland but the other names are equally good, they just don't match with Malachs title. Nice to have a set, I think.
  4. slavetoinsurance

slavetoinsurance Member

I voted for the Enlightened as well, but if I may make a suggestion...

What about something like The Eternal Apostolate? Or perhaps just The Apostolate, or whatever. Perhaps has more of a bent toward a specific religion, but I also like the sound of it. Plus the word has a double-meaning that can be used here!
  5. renszarv

renszarv New Member

Temple of the Fist, would be more awesome :)
    archcommander and pollnz like this.
  6. al3xtec

al3xtec Member

They all sound a little bland. What about the Assimilators? or the Inquisitors?
    elipadden likes this.
  7. zordian

zordian New Member

I picked the Followers it sound more basic and fits for maschines.

I was going to chose the Enlightend but its been used in games before, sound a little cheesy but most of all felt too human in my ears.
  8. jetz72

jetz72 New Member

I like the sound of "Temple of the First." "The Enlightened" is the only one short enough to have a chance at not being abbreviated, but it sounds bland to me.
  9. rykar

rykar New Member

I like something more esoteric in naming like: Crucesignati Conditoris
  10. friendly0fire

friendly0fire New Member

To be internally consistent with my choice of First Follower Malach, only Followers of the Founder really fit. I suppose The Enlightened is nondescript enough to work, too, but you lose a lot of flavor.

I wish it had been "Followers of the Father" though. So many religious undercurrents with that term.
  11. neophyr3

neophyr3 New Member

I kind of agree that they all sound a bit bland. Of course, seeing as this is about machines I kind of doubt they really care about creative names. Efficiency is probably all they care about.
    al3xtec likes this.
  12. enderstryke71

enderstryke71 New Member

"Followers of the Founder" doesn't do it for me. Might be because of the alliteration. "The Enlightened" is a bit cliche, I guess. That leaves me with "Temple of the First" and "Army of the Creator." I chose "Army of the Creator" because that way we could be a bit more creative with the symbol.
  13. janico

janico New Member

None of those names do a huge amount for me tbh, though I think 'Temple of the First' sounds the best of them.

Merging two of them to create 'Followers of The First' would be a better alternative I think.

I reckon something that involves 'Inquisitors' would be very fitting as well, as that is essentially what they are doing by the sounds of it. 'Inquisitors of The First' perhaps?
  14. redshirtx

redshirtx New Member

Army of the Creator sounds the most...straightforward...for a group of rampaging mechanical beings, IMO. The others just seem too obvious, if that makes any sense.
  15. vulcantourist

vulcantourist New Member

Foundation Acolytes, or perhaps simply Foundation.
    freshcuppa and TealThanatos like this.
  16. magusk

magusk New Member

I'd recommend a minor adjustment to the Followers of the Founders to Followers of the Foundry. The holy war the commander is calling for could then be called the Great Crucible, from which the metal of the fallen shall be reforged into a pure sword against unbelievers. Keep with the fire and melted metal themes.
    mrpete and swuisum like this.
  17. TealThanatos

TealThanatos New Member

I was about to suggest the same - Foundation.
  18. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Aeon Illuminate? :p
    cwarner7264 and BulletMagnet like this.
  19. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

20. sinhosie

sinhosie New Member

I my self don't like the names they have for the factions be nice if they would offer more than just 4 options or come up with better names... None of those take my vote...
    Teod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.