Beta Build: 54994

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 9, 2013.

1. mrmaximo

mrmaximo Member

when will you allow us to start spawning on multiple planets at the beginning of the game?
  2. tslug

tslug New Member

Crashed, this time while in mid-game, I went to settings, changed the hotkey for select-all-air-combat-units to the letter "y", followed by enter, followed by trying to go back to the game (guessing I clicked on the back button).

Attached Files:

3. mabono5

mabono5 Member

Great update!

I really enjoyed playing against the commanders bots who was relentless at sending them full circle around my base, I was NOT expecting that.

I love the new red amber green for load out. I have a 75 download 18 meg upload connection, and still seemed to be a few minutes behind the server, so this has really improved it for me, I also feel it loaded a lot quicker (with the red amber green system) that it did before. I even did not get the "Not responding" for the first time ever.

What I did find though is in early game i had my commander against a load of bots that the AI sent (caught me by surprise), and my commander almost lost as it kept missing even when both bots and commander was stationary. I also found that my t1 bombers were also useless at killing stationary bots too. Is that a new bug or has it always been that way?

This was by far my most enjoyable and stable game I have ever had, Thank you so much!
  4. gamerx112

gamerx112 Member

Is there a changelog for naval? I for one use naval alot. whenever there is an ocean or even a large lake with an enemy nearby, I use naval.
  5. echoeversky

echoeversky New Member

Bug Report: When one micros and holds the shift down and targets a lot of units to individually attack many (more than say 8) the game crashes AND you cannot rejoin the game because it crashes on rejoin attempts.
  6. echoeversky

echoeversky New Member

Even more fun is to state in chat for folks to press the c key and then the delete key. *whoops*
    beer4blood likes this.
  7. mrpete

mrpete Member

I'm pretty sure there will be some other form than FighterSPAM implemented later down the road.
    Maybe a T2 SOM turret which is capable of getting his missiles into orbit to eliminate faster moving targets but pretty useless against standard aircraft and unable to target ground units?
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Client crash on reconnect is fixed and patched.
    Clopse, whisperr and pieman2906 like this.
  9. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I just want to say, great update! It seems like it crashes when I try to use cronocam. I love the pre loading from lobby.
  10. thepyro13

thepyro13 Member

Isn't the orbital fighter a temp unit, it probably will be removed as other parts of the tech tree are filled out.
  11. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

There is. Its at the start of this thread.
  12. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

I thought it was debated, and they were looking for ways to balance orbital, and fighters might not be in the final game?
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I believe he means a raevnesque changelog.Not sure how pa-db.com updates but you can maybe check the figures there.
  14. skiaplg

skiaplg New Member

I just started playing this game yesterday, so bear in mind I don't have a huge amount of time played. However, yesterday when I played the game was significantly smoother than with this new patch. The graphics were flawless at medium settings. Today the game was much more laggy in the same system with only one AI as opposed to the 2/3 that I had running yesterday on a larger system. The planet I was playing on was always loading when I moved around, as in there would be plaques of half loaded things for a split second or two unlike before. Not totally unplayable, but a little worse in terms of experience. I'm running 10.8.5 on an older mac (320m, 4GB RAM, 2.4 Ghz), so am aware it isn't the ideal system.
  15. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Its updated by hand (through a script) by the person who does it. And its not updated yet and now I'm lost. :(
  16. rkfg

rkfg Member

This. Maybe my explosion freeze is related to the constant terrain reload.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I believe pamatches have one too. Maybe his is up to date.
  18. skiaplg

skiaplg New Member

Quite possible, I also experienced a very short freeze and no explosion when launching a nuke.
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

My favorite change: More accurate building placement assurance, so when you place a questionable mex on what could possibly be a just barely okay metal spot that is close to but not morphed into a canyon or cliff, you don't have to try multiple times to either get it to actually build or find out you cant.

My suggestion to the devs, make it so the mex is more intelligent about where it can and can't be placed before it goes red to white on metal point, and then when it is white make it build clipping or slanted or whatever.

At this point, a metal extractor who's base is slightly clipped doesn't seem like it realistically wouldn't function, that section of base is cosmetic. Just the same, a metal extractor built on the side of a cliff hanging out sideways also looks like it would in fact function so why would machine people care about trivial things like gravity?
  20. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Awww I want to know what changes to t1 are :(