Is there a reason to build vehicles.

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by xiggy, October 7, 2013.

1. xiggy

xiggy New Member

Bots seem better. Faster, better firepower, etc. I expect this to change as we get closer to release. Am I missing something?
  2. benipk

benipk New Member

It's Beta. Unit balancing will probably not even begin to occur until most, if not all of the planned units are in the game and more important issues are addressed first :)
  3. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

For the moment, no.
  4. fergie

fergie Member

I don't know, Levelers are pretty nasty, but I do think Ants are very very weak
  5. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

what? vehicles are better than bots in straight up battles. so yes, there is reason.
  6. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Vehicles annihilate bots 1 v 1.. 5 v 5... 10 000 v 10 000.. there is a reason to build Vehicles.. land armies lol.
  7. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

They are also more expensive. If you have battle with equal metal spent and not just equal number of units...
  8. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

In Alpha ants were way OP now they've been nerfed, Always got a soft spot for the ants myself, balance will change I think
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Tanks are superior to bots in most respects other then cost and the ability to dodge shots.

And dodging become harder with large bot armys as missed shots go on to simply hit another bot behind them.
  10. godde

godde Well-Known Member

Use Ants to deathball against Doxes. Use Doxes for everything else.
  11. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

Bots are great against artillery but against tanks they are awful.

I used to build bots at the start but I always end up never using them and they end up being a waste of resources and time.
  12. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Not tried them since they got a double dps buff?
  13. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Dox are better in almost every way. The only advantage Ants have is there range and hp (but that doesn't do much since most things kill them in one hit).

In a Dox vs. Ants battle where they run into each other, Ants can just about come out on top. That is the only time they are better. However Ants suck at everything else due to slow movement speed and barrel turn speed.

If someone builds an army of Ants, you just walk around them and wipe them all out with one or two laser towers. Meanwhile your Dox overpowered there defenses (due to speed and dps) and wipe out all of there base.
  14. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Currently, bots are the go-to option, their cost, speed, maneuverability, and ability to concentrate lots of fire down range makes them a far more useful tactical asset than the Ants.

Apart from being a far more rapid response force, they are also able to bum rush lots of base defenses with the combination of their speed and numbers.

Defences like Catapults, for example, cannot effectively hold off a dox swarm, because each individual missile is wasting almost all of it's DPS on overkilling individual bots, while the swarm as a whole can close the gap of the catapult's firing range much faster than tanks ever could.
  15. dacite

dacite Member

You need both to win.

Tanks are required to break through a fortified position effectively while bots are better for raiding and territory control. Your bot army can't engage a tank blob directly with any semblance of cost efficiency so you're kind of screwed if your opponent starts pushing your production or forcing engagements. Both have their niche and anybody that builds only bots or only tanks will be stomped hard.
    Murcanic and shootall like this.
  16. fergie

fergie Member

Have you seen the Stompers? 140 range (20 more than Levelers) 11 speed, (4 more than levelers, only 1 less than a Dox) 800 Damage on direct hit, 400 splash two spaces around it........they are really handy for raids when supported by Dox and Slammers
  17. godde

godde Well-Known Member

But can they hit moving targets?
  18. fergie

fergie Member

They can hit levelers, they are slow as ****, I barely consider them moving lol And they one shot them as well :)

That is why you need a handful of Dox and Slammers about as well to keep the Ants / Bots away
  19. godde

godde Well-Known Member

Levelers are as fast as commanders and Ants.
    Do Stompers use direct fire or high trajectory when they attack?
    I haven't used them in a while.
  20. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

No they don't. The only time a Stomper can hit an Ant or Leveler is when it shoots at the leading tanks and hits the trailing tanks.