Laptops and game requirements

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tortois, October 9, 2013.

1. tortois

tortois New Member

The laptop i am getting is the CyberPowerPC - Gamer Ultra Desktop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive The model number is GUA1200B
    i hope this will help i cant put the link sorry.
    and i am having a problem finding out if it meats the requirements i have never been able to do this my self but if some one would mind helping me i would be grateful. Also all i want to know is if Planetary annihilation will work on it thanks you and have a good night or morning.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The problem is that the game isn't fully optimized yet, so there is no way of providing any kind of Minimum Spec, I wouldn't expect anything until mid-late beta to be honest.

For PA it can also really depend, for example if you're playing on a server hosted else where you don't need the same kind of CPU strength because the server is doing a lot of that work, but that means your RAM and Graphics card still need to handle the rest but if you aim to play 'offline' by hosting the server on your machine you'll need that CPU capability.

Or at least that was my understanding of it.

Mike
  3. fergie

fergie Member

RAM is the major limiting factor, and the issue with laptops is sometimes its video card, what kind of video card are you getting? 8GB should let you play in systems with 4-5 planets and id guess at least 6 players......

i would also guess you could play an 8-10 player match if you reduce the planets a bit to 2 or 3.

I only have 4GB right now, but my 8GB are in the mail :)
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General