ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Nice 2v5, although I'll never understand how such good players are so crap at counting how many commanders they've killed. :)
  2. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

That's KingJohnVI, King John the first was a fool! ;) Thanks for casting, very well done and informative as always!
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

4. zaphodx

Yeah lol I have a terrible habit of never keeping count. I'll try and keep better track of it dammit!!

Hehe. Space in YT titles comes at a premium, until another KingJohn pops up it'll probably stay like that :)
  5. zaphodx

6. superouman

superouman Post Master General

This Map Hack Satellite looks pretty cool :D
    I didn't understand why you had vision on the entire planet for 5 seconds but then, i realized you had the satellite.
  7. zaphodx

8. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

ZaphodX, how do you choose which games to cast? Seems like we see the same few people playing in your casts for the most part (tournament casts being the exception). Any chance that you could mix it up a bit with some different talent? Or casts highlighting some clan rivalries that may be shaping up already could be interesting. Being someone that is looking for a clan to join, it might be interesting to view the different strategies incorporated by the various clans out there currently. Maybe that could lead to a Clan version of the King of Beta Tournament? Just a thought...
  9. zaphodx

Yeah good point. I mostly cast good players in my timezone. There are still very few competent players which is why you see the same people all the time. We really need all the competitive players to get into the PA IRC and start getting better. Maybe I will try and give it a plug in the 4P FFA exhibition match video.
    archcommander likes this.
  10. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

To be fair to king John he did play a good strategic game. I could see him overtake a few players with more practice. Losing in a game is only bad if you refuse to learn from the experience... unless it's a tournament. Ha! I see him learning from that video alone. Watch out next time it might not be as easy! ;)
  11. zaphodx

12. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Do I need a good PC to run this? Is it very demanding or not really
  13. zaphodx

It's a pretty demanding game. If you want to play big wars on lots of large planets you need a good computer. It is getting optimised a lot and performance keeps improving though.
  14. archcommander

If your the kind of player that wants to be IN such tournaments and videos we would be interested in a few players with such talent. We do hope as we grow (our own group) to have some tournaments and maybe some cross clan stuff. I would love it if Zaphodx would dual cast or guest cast some games (some time in the future). :)
  15. vadi

vadi New Member

Love your videos, thanks for doing them.
  16. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Sounds good to me. I think that the main benefit of actually being in a cast is that your play style and general strategy gets critiqued by skilled objective players (like ZaphodX). That's the best way to learn. I think that if Promethean, or any clan, wants to attract new members, then offering to privately cast for new potential members and helping them improve their game would go a long way. That would build some loyalty, as long as it was constructive.
  17. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

my 5 year old computer with 2 gigs of ram and a bare minimal graphics card runs it fine if i turn everything else off first. but my brand new laptop cant run it for ****.

its extremely variable whether or not it works at this time

your best bet is if your are running one and only one mid grade graphics card (PA hates sli right now) have around 4 gigs of ram and windows 7 or the latest mac.
  18. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

All of this is making me wonder if there is a system builder thread up. There doesn't seem to be one.
  19. archcommander

Well if you would like to be in such a future cast or to join just hook up with us here https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ssions-announcments.51826/page-11#post-800365
    :D
  20. archcommander

I definitely want to see you progress and in a few more casts. Sent you a message. :)