havent played a game yet :(

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Teranatural, October 5, 2013.

1. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Hey so i got this game a few hours back. This was over Steam btw and i am having a huge issue. Whenever i join a game it either A. stays at the loading screen for over 30 minutes and when i click the screen it simply closes and provides me with a messages asking if i want to send the error report to microsoft. Or it loads the planet and i have approximately 10 seconds of being able to view the map before it freezes and i have to wait 30 minutes then put my com to sleep because it is unresponsive. I really want to play this game (it looks epic) so please help me
  2. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Kill the Steam overlay, apparently it destroys the performance. Then I would say make a custom system, one planet, very small, and go from there. Shopuld load in no time and then you can keep increasing until you reach a sensible limit. Note than any game with more than three planets/three players will take about five mins to load at the best of times.
  3. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Kill the steam overlay?
  4. eukanuba

Ah, just realised you tried to join when it was broken. Restart PA, verify files, then try again.
  5. eukanuba

Open Task Manager and kill Steam. It slows the game right down. Or just load it using the standalone PA Launcher.
  6. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Where do i get the standalone launcher?
  7. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Could you please post a download link to the launcher?
  8. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

9. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Thanks, verifying and downloading at the moment
  10. Teranatural

Teranatural New Member

Hey thank you so much, this is deff a better launcher but.....still cant get into a game. I cant load a world with only 1 planet...freezes game. I cant manage to get into a game. I guess i am now asking how i choose a starting position. I clikc/spam the green circle and....nope. closes. please help
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

can you post a dxdiag.txt file so we know what your system specs and drivers are.

Edit: Nevermind I saw you posted already in another post
  12. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Last I heard is that he was able to play the game, using mobile Radeon drivers instead of the standard ones for his A6 AMD CPU.