Beta Build: 54696

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 4, 2013.

1. thetallestone

thetallestone Member

This. Would do a lot for both Orbital balance and general gameplay. Though I would like the option to not launch an orbital once I'd built it...then build loads and launch all at once at another world. Fifty rockets all flying in to orbit at once? Tell me that ain't damn cool!
    whisperr likes this.
  2. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Ctrl z for all of same type.I do like the deselect idea though !! And ctrl+# for squad assignments
    Last edited: October 4, 2013
  3. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

I'm not tracking here Mike...... he said you " cannot send solar to other planets..... and I'm fully able to send sat radar to whatever planet I choose currently....
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Eh, my only worries don't have anything to do with solar collector, but orbitals in general. If you cant move orbital to another planet, and anything transported thats ground based is due for shooting down by orbital fighters on an orbital level, fighters on an air level, anti air on a ground level, and ants on a ground level... Then really it says you might as well never try to land on someone elses planet because its theirs now and no game mechanic can let you have it.
  5. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

true but it's only solar that can't move interplanetary now and this makes sense.... you can make 1mil energy easy then just have it constantly shift planets leaving it essentially untouchable and floating in space and you never have to worry about energy crisis ever. No other unit benefits from this action except for running with comm which I'm sure its under works
  6. thetrophysystem

My idea for stopping this was making solar no longer collect energy in transition between planets. Also, lowering their "net" power income, making you need more than just one, just because it is so safe. Doing both of those even allows for them to "not be required if you just want to defend land t2 pgens".

Also, everyone else was saying no orbitals can ever travel ever. I was just saying, people have enough problems with turtles, turtling to t2, turtling to orbit, turtling to another planet, turtling that planet up, and requiring hours of overwhelming with a stronger economy to break... Only to have their commander chain-transport repetitively to stay alive and put the game in stalemate. THAT needed fixed first.
  7. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

R
    agreed the comm run does need fixing,I think its best that solar can't move throughout the system tho. Even if it doesn't collect during transit you can hide it somewhere else and when you see someone making the trip to get it all you have to do is switch planets again....
  8. thetrophysystem

...they would stall energy?
  9. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

good point..... but the stall would only be momentary on a tightly orbiting group of planets and moons you are correct though making a twenty minute transition with your ideas applied would leave you crashed.
  10. thetrophysystem

Momentarily means if that's whats keeping his power balanced then he can not build and must cease building during the transition. For a minute, this is still costly. To do it continuously, you might as well not have a solar collector at all and use ground power plants.
    beer4blood likes this.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That's why I said, that "Hopefully Long Term this will apply to all Satellites." I didn't say that it currently applies to all Satellites.

Mike
    pieman2906 likes this.
  12. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

aha!!! I thought you are saying you can't travel sats currently..... let me ask this.... how do you scout a planet then with satellites unable to transfer planets???? Wouldn't a few clicks be better than trying to watch the replay for movement???
  13. KNight

aha!!! I thought you are saying you can't travel sats currently..... let me ask this.... how do you scout a planet then with satellites unable to transfer planets???? Wouldn't a few clicks be better than trying to watch the replay for movement???[/quote]
    I'm really starting to think you don't actually read what I post.

So when I build a Satellite, I could choose which planet to send it to and not be limited to deploying them to the same planet the Orbital Factory is on.

Mike
  14. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

I'm really starting to think you don't actually read what I post.

So when I build a Satellite, I could choose which planet to send it to and not be limited to deploying them to the same planet the Orbital Factory is on.

Mike[/quote] so satellite destination is a one time decision???? Meh :/

And I do read sir but what you posted is contradictory shouldn't travel space but then they should??? See my confusion
  15. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

so then should the current transport unit be able to load a considerable number of units from one spot of the same planet to another and a completely different transport could be made to transport between planets.

also i think we should make it where you cant stop something between planets like the inter planetary transports should be missles that once launched have a dedicated direction, speed and destination.
  16. KNight

They shouldn't travel freely, it should be a choice made with consequences for making the wrong one.

Mike
  17. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

I can get onboard with that but let me poke another hole..... seems this would significantly increase game length since instead of one satellite to scout a planet with four moons I must now build five and wait x amount of time for each individual satellite to reach its destination..... perhaps the restrictions could be to one planet and anything orbiting said planet???? What you think??
  18. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

one thing that really bugs me is that the satellites dont have any visual representation for any kind of propulsion for even moon travel.

maybe things like avengers could move between planets and a higher class of sat could as well

possibly an observation ship that is even more expensive then the advance sat but is more versatile
  19. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

People have suggested things that your speak of... attaching boosters and such..... you can see a few ideas here https://forums.uberent.com/threads/omg-land-and-die-already.52332/
  20. KNight

That is only a problem when satellites are expensive, as soon as you bring Orbital costs more in line with the other factories it's not a problem anymore.

Mike
    pieman2906 likes this.