UberLow Features Option?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Rebuilt, October 1, 2013.

1. Rebuilt

Rebuilt Member

Hi UberEnt,

I used to be able to run the game with the -nofeatures option until metal spots became features. Since then I've been able to play on small worlds. However, now with the Beta things quickly become unplayable with more than one world in the system.

May you add an uberLow graphics option that turns off all features besides metal spots?

This would turn off trees, boulders, waves, shadows, night & day, lights, reflections of sun on planets (not certain if this is expensive to render) , and any other features that we owners of slower machines/laptops with on-board graphics with shared memory could truly do without for the sake of playability.

This would really help us out and lessen the min sys reqs which in turn widens your market.

Many thanks,

Rebuilt.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you upload your DxDiag? Just to check what hardware you have.
  3. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Features like trees and rocks have so far just been a visual thing, in the near future some of these are gameplay relevant. Trees will need to be pathed around or through, or destroyed. Right now they have a fixed distance at which they appear, that should probably be a setting you can modify.

Options for setting shader quality is something we don't yet have and would be required for most of the other settings beyond turning off features and shadows. It is something I'd like to have as many of the shaders are fairly complex.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

How is work going on implementing some options for more easy lighting adjusting? (you said you want easier way to modify such parameters across multiple shaders, it's was on start of alpha)
  5. perecil

perecil Active Member

Will be trees and rocks reclaimable like in TA? If I remember well, trees gave energy and rocks gave metal.
  6. Rebuilt

Rebuilt Member

I'll try this this evening. I don't need the game to be running when I do this, correct?

Rebuilt
  7. microapple

microapple Member

That is correct.
  8. Rebuilt

Rebuilt Member

So you're saying that once the shader quality options come online then things will be less expensive to render? If so, are these shader quality options planned for release in the Beta?

Thanks,

Rebuilt
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

If we get shader quality settings in, it will be possible to make some things less expensive to render. Time frame for something like this is very much an unknown. Our primary goal is to get the existing rendering to be faster first.
  10. Rebuilt

Rebuilt Member

I've attached a DxDiag file. Is there anything I can do to speed things up with my setup?

Thanks,

Rebuilt

Attached Files:

11. SXX

SXX Post Master General