How do you download patches? (Mac OSX)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by geometrics, October 1, 2013.

1. geometrics

geometrics New Member

Just wondering is there something specific that needs to be done to get the patch for Mac? Whenever I open the game it displays this screen with the only options being EXIT or LATER.

Attached Files:

2. shockchief

shockchief New Member

Download it again from the store.

the windos version is the only one with a launcher capable of patching
  3. geometrics

geometrics New Member

Ah damn. Thanks. Yeah that's not ideal at all. Seems like the mac version is getting the short end of the stick in many ways. The planets won't render properly even after this patch. I guess it's to be expected as Windows is their main customer base. Guess I just have to wait.
  4. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

Planets haven't rendered properly for some time on OSX. If you want automatic patching currently you can convert your key to a Steam Key as the OSX steam version auto updates. Or if you don't like steam wait a few weeks and a new universal (Win/Lin/OSX) launcher will apparently arrive providing autopatching...
  5. geometrics

geometrics New Member

Ah right, I'll just wait a while on the beta then until the rendering issue is fixed and chuck it on Steam at that stage. Bit disappointing that the mac beta is nigh unplayable, was looking forward to that early access.
  6. retrry

retrry Member

They are working on a new cross-platform launcher, until then you can download it manually or use Steam. And yea, Linux and Mac are a bit behind. After new feature-launches you have to wait sometime for Mac and Linux to catch-up :)