Where do I post bugs?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dhsabbie, September 27, 2013.

1. dhsabbie

dhsabbie New Member

I'm not sure where I should report bugs and/or feature requests for this game. So far I've ran into two issues.

One is that I accidently pressed "Main Menu", which took me to the main menu, as expected, one might think. Except that I didn't want to go to the main menu, I merely wanted to change my sound settings. A message explaining that this would end my game would've been nice.

The other thing happend after playing for about half an hour against an A.I. At some point I was clicking on my nucleair defense structure to see what it would do. I clicked around a bit, but this locked the user interface. I couldn't get the game to respond normally. There was a big red circle on the ground and I saw something that looked like a rocket fly by. (This could've been part of my orbital laser thingie that I think just launched.) Part of the game continued and part didn't. (Airplanes were still being build, but structure building didn't seem to progress.) In the end I just alt+F4'ed.

Edit: Attached is a screenshot I've accidentally made during the 'crash'.

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 27, 2013
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

3. dhsabbie

dhsabbie New Member

Thanks, but I can not read that. I get:

Uber Entertainment - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Ahh, that's not supposed to happen.

Just shoot a polite email off to support@uberent.com, explaining that you're part of the beta and you don't have access to the beta forums. Someone will fix you up right away. @mkrater might even see this post beforehand.

Once you're in, have a look about. There's a fair chance that the bug has already been reported.
  5. dhsabbie

dhsabbie New Member

Thanks, I've emailed them.

In the mean time, I ran into another bug. Just writing it down here so I don't forget.

After playing against AI for approximately 15 minutes in a custom game with 3 planets. (One of them with two moons) I got a nasty crash. Windows told me:

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue.
    The application must close.
    Error code: 7
    Would you like to visit http:// nvidia.custhelp.com /app/answers/detail/a_id/3007 for help?

I'm running on Windows 7 using a Gefore 660 TI. Nvidia driver version: 314.07
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Update your drivers.
  7. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

@dhsabbie I looked into your forum account and my best guess is you didnt activate PA yet (start it through the launcher and enter your serial OR do it here: https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyKeys). Once you've done that you gain access to the beta forum and the topic which describes how the Bug Tracker works :)
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This forum still have old problem: if user logged in on forum only then linked accounts/activated PA permissions won't update automatically.

So unitl he log out/login he won't able to see hidden forums.
  9. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Or just close your browser and let the forum auto-login, does the same thing ^-^ It is from a performance design point of view to only retrieve your new permissions after (auto-)logging in.