Building Adv. Extractors into normal Extractors

Discussion in 'Support!' started by alucard65, September 29, 2013.

1. alucard65

alucard65 New Member

probably a bug but I think it should be made into a feature since it lets you increase your metal income without having to replace your old T1 extractors with T2 extractors 233250_screenshots_2013-09-29_00001.jpg
  2. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

already been posted, its a bug, something to do with how building collision works different to extractors to all other buildings.... their working on it
  3. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I don't understand, building on top was planned so you don't have to micro manage resources too much...
  4. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Yeah this.. It's must easier then clicking the metal extractor, blowing it up or reclaiming it,then putting a T2 one on.
  5. vackillers

as far as i know, its a bug, its not supposed to happen, i think the proper implementation is one of SupCom, you'll have an upgrade button on the extractor when you select it... not literately build 2 extractors on the same spot and getting all that extra metal for free basically...... its an exploit.......
  6. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

No its not a bug, devs have stated its intended because ita much easier than the old system (build t1, reclaim, build t2) which you also couldn't que because you couldn't build on a wreck even if you qued to reclaim it. The system needs polish, but its working as intended. Check previous streams devs have said it a few times.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Building a single Advanced extractor on top of a Basic Extractor is working as intended, building more than one Advanced Extractor on top of a single basic Extractor is a Bug/Exploit.

Mike
  8. vackillers

Yep you're absolutely right knight, I seriously thought it was an exploit bug too...I completely miss read this quote from bgolus

"This one is specifically to do with metal extractors. Overlapping other buildings should be nearly impossible at this point as they're validated on the server before being built. Metal extractors are a special case though as they're allowed to build in places other buildings wouldn't be as well as can overlap and be built over each other. The advanced metal extractor should be placeable over a regular metal extractor, but not another advanced. Obviously that's not working, we only got that system working recently and not as well as we wanted".
  9. extraammo

extraammo Member

I think it would be awesome if the art of both metal extractors was change so that the adv mex looked like an extension of the standard mex.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It kinda already does to a degree, I wouldn't be surprised if they were tweaked later on down the line, but you need to be careful that just building an Advanced Extractor on it's own doesn't look weird either.

Mike
    extraammo likes this.
  11. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Just wish they would make t2 and t1 mexes look more different as they look to similar when quickly trying to get an overview (lots of units look too similar actually imo).
  12. extraammo

extraammo Member

I wish a lot of the art was more diverse. I have trouble telling the factories apart.
  13. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

If only units had "icons" denoting their "strategic" role rendering distinguishing them based on their art irrelevant. This sounds like a feature Uber should get to work on. Oh wait...
  14. extraammo

extraammo Member

Okay cool. Let's just drop textures and detailed models completely and have flat icons on solid color spheres.
  15. jurgenvonjurgensen

Please elucidate as to how the removal of the aesthetic function of the 3D graphics is in any way related to the irrelevance of the utility of said 3D graphics.
  16. extraammo

extraammo Member

I mean, are you really implying that a major indicator of a building's or unit's purpose should not be from it's appearance?
  17. jurgenvonjurgensen

Yes. Yes I am. You don't notice the graphics when you're playing anyway. There's far too many other, more important things to deal with. Their sole purpose is to look pretty on trailers and YouTube videos. And if you're usually zoomed in close enough to be identifying things from their models, you're zoomed in too close.

Also, "it's" means "it is". It's a simple rule. Learn it.
  18. extraammo

extraammo Member

I think you've made the assumption that I think high detailed graphics are important for RTS gameplay, or something similar. All I'm saying is that I wish the models were a little more unique from one another. It's adds some personality to the units, I think.

Other than aesthetics, I want the units and buildings to be visually distinct for the same reason that the strategic icons are visually distinct. I'm sure you would be able to see that I'm not saying anything outrageous or stupid if you took the time remove your head from your rectum ;)
  19. jurgenvonjurgensen

Why would you want to apply the reasoning you're applying to strategic icons to the 3D graphics? They serve completely different purposes. You're advocating sacrificing a consistent visual style for the sake of a usability feature nobody needs.
  20. vackillers

actually extraammo has a point, it can be hard to tell the difference between a regular factory and an advanced factory, except for the size its almost identical... Hes not talking about some completely radical change visually, just something to tell them apart bit more easily, not talking about changing the visual art style here.
    extraammo likes this.