Official Debug Thread: Can't Launch The Game Community Fixes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 10, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This is a catchall thread for people who either crash while attempting to hit the Play button, or try and start a game, but it never goes anywhere. Please don't report that you're having problems in this thread, but rather what you've found to fix your specific problems.

One of the joys of PC gaming is of course there are a million different configurations, and I'd like to start consolidating the list of things you can do to try and get the game working.

Pre-Reqs: (We don't install these automatically, though some of them we will)
    - Latest graphics drivers for your card, including latest OpenGL drivers
    - .NET Framework 4.5: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30653 <-- THIS applies to the launcher. If you're downloading directly or through Steam, you shouldn't need this step, though it's still a useful thing to have installed.
    - Latest Sounddrivers - apparently this has fixed a number of people's crash on launch problem
    - DirectX 9.0c redistributals: First : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=34429 and second: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109 (Grab the full redistributables - grabbing single files will likely just cause grief ; Thanks stanhebben)

For Network:
    - Make sure TCP out from 9000 - 9032 is open in your firewall ; if you don't know how to do this, you'll need to google some tutorials, since it's different on every single router.

That's all we know so far. Did you find something else that worked? Please share it here! (I will be deleting any posts that don't provide more debugging help, so please don't be offended if your post gets zapped)

Some ATI specific issues: (Thanks to wduong)
    Load Library Failed (error 126)
    Seems like this is an issue with AMD graphics cards.
    Go to Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)
    Type
    cd /d C:\windows/system32
    copy atio6axx.dll atigl64.dll
    This is for 64bit systems
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Re: Official Debug Thread: Can't Launch The Game Community F

For when your commander spawns early, but it still asks to pick a landing spot and it never goes away, preventing you from building anything with your commander (this bug):

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=47557
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

4. uruku

uruku New Member

I had the d3dx9_43.dll found missing error, I googled it then downloaded the missing file. Then i would get the 0xc000007b error when pressing play.

After I deleted the DLL and reinstaled DX I was able to play. So dont download single DLL always use the DX installers from microsoft.
  5. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

I would suggest turning down all the graphics settings, first time I tried to launch a game I got a black screen and my graphics card driver restarted itself (which I have never seen before). I was using a low end workstation AMD card with the latest driver being from early 2012. Lowering the settings fixed it right up.
  6. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I had to change my graphics card from my default one to my Nvidia and it works fine now it's also been logged as a bug but just in case somebody else had the same problem
  7. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Some people, like me, might have very difficult routers that are a bitch to configure.

So I went all out and removed my router firewall completely and so far in 2 months everything is fine with all games. Before that, any amount of configuring just brought errors all over the place and multiplayer was very poor to say the least.
    This is probably a very dangerous thing to do but I like living on the edge(of my seat).
    Also what about opening ports over the Windows Firewall program, shouldn't that help with networking issues as well?

In regards to crashes and inability to start-up:
    I use Gamebooster from Iobit(Razer now) and it really does help with performance and as far as I'm aware, removes all unnecessary programs that could be the reason for a crash(could be used to test your own programs to find a crashy program)
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Windows 7/8 with AMD GPU, 0xc000007b

I know there was many people who own different AMD GPUs and Windows 8 x64 who got problems with PA, like 0xc000007b error. Now working solution is found:
    viewtopic.php?p=756018#p756018

It's proven as working right now and it's originally found by uruku and posted here:
    viewtopic.php?f=71&t=47593&p=743745#p743745

PS:
    July 5 update: It's also confirmed that it's help to fix 0xc000007b on Windows 7 64-bit (AMD HD 7800)
    Seems like Windows have some problem with D3D DLL's. They found in system so Steam and DirectX web installer don't try to update them, but it's older dlls, they have different ABI, it's why PA crash on start.
  9. cerapachy

cerapachy New Member

My game crashes on start with a message that says "pa.exe stopped working" heres my dxdiag

Attached Files:

10. battletech

battletech Member

Black screen after hitting play PA Launcher

When I hit the play button from the PA Launcher I would get a Black screen. I have a new powerful system with Windows 8 Pro. DirectX 9 can not be install on this OS. I did get the "DirectX End-User Runtimes" to load and after rebooting this fixed the issue.

"DirectX End-User Runtimes" from first post: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

Hope this helps someone else
    Altay likes this.
  11. osirus9

osirus9 Member

I just reinstalled windows and the first game I tried to run from steam was PA. Nothing would happen at all, the game would start, not load a window or throw an error, then stop. I tried installing some of the direct X links from above but they weren't helping me. However, I downloaded my copy of The Witcher 2 (probably any modern game would work, but GTA IV didn't help, possibly too old, or a console port or whatever) and the Direct X and C++ 2005 redistributable that installed with the game allowed me to run PA!

TL;DR try installing other (new-ish) games if PA won't launch, they come with files necessary for PA to run.
  12. naginacz

naginacz Member

hi!
    I had a problem with the operation of the game.
    I read all the advice that I found online. Nothing helped.

I was running the game through launcher.
    I pressed UBERNET GAMES and saw a list of servers.
    It did not matter if I clicked on CREATE NEW GAME or JOIN GAME, in 7/8 cases game crashed.

What did not work:

- I installed the Latest graphics drivers, Including latest OpenGL
    - I have. NET Framework 4.5
    - I checked the Latest Sounddrivers
    - I installed DirectX 9.0c redistributals as directed by @garat and @SXX
    - I opened ports 9000 - 9032 in firewal

Note that the game sometimes worked (usually not). If the game starts it has no problems.

solution:
    In accordance with the advice of @SXX, I changed the system from windows 7 32 to 64 bit.
    Game runs every time and I have no already problems with its operation.

It seems to me only that the game runs a little slower.
    I used all the hints for better performance.

big thanks SXX :D

Sorry for my language.

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 3, 2013
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Most likely your problem is here:
    Code:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3320MB RAM

You have 32-bit, so currently game only able to use 2GB RAM.
    Try to check what PA.exe memory usage is when it's crashing.

There not much you can do about it except try to switch to 64-bit OS, but you might also take a look on these threads:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/beta-error.51695/
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/crashing-on-32-bit-windows-heres-a-guide-to-help.51990/
  14. brantime19

brantime19 New Member

hi i bought planetary annihilation today and i can enter the home screen and soon after it crashes, i need to know what i can do to run it on my laptop

Attached Files:

15. dementedyeknom

dementedyeknom New Member

Having the same issue as a lot of people it seems. My game doesnt run, simply gives me a PA.exe has stopped working... I'm a little upset but hoping to fix this. Here is my dxdiag

Attached Files:

16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Unfortunately your video card way too old:
    Code:
    Card name: Radeon X1900 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    It's 7 years old (soon will be 8 years) already and AMD abandond drivers update 4 years ago.

Obviously it won't run this game.
  17. dementedyeknom

dementedyeknom New Member

Well thats odd... I run battlefield 4 like it's nothing... I guess I'll be moving my plans to update my computer up to now.
  18. rab397

rab397 New Member

Hey guys,

I just bought PA on the steam sale and i wanted to play it for the first time and it crashed after i wanted to start the game with the error PA.exe stopped working.
    I read on different ways to fix this, updating drivers of video and audio, directX is up to date, all my windows updates are installed I am running a 64 bit system.
    According to system requirements lab i should be able to play it, not at the best but still.

I hope you guys can help me.
    I launch trough razer game booster
  19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

The guys that will help you need to see your dxdiag. Check sxx signature above to find how to get this.
  20. Vascar

Vascar New Member

Just got PA.

But it will not run for me. it runs once up until I start a game then crashes. After this I can't get past the beta warning.

I know I only have integrated graphics but I can run other high graphics games just fine.

Attached Files: