Any tips for optimizing PA performance? I'm experiencing severe lag :(

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by godsgimp, September 28, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Sorry I'm lost a space in folder name, you need "Uber Entertainment" directory.
  2. godsgimp

godsgimp New Member

Is this directory hidden?
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Actually "Appdata" is hidden directory already, so if you can open it most likely you already enabled view of hidden directories.
  4. godsgimp

godsgimp New Member

In that case, the /Uber Entertainment/ folder isn't there. I haven't converted to a Steam key.

Edit: Where can I go introduce myself, it's good to be part of the making of this game :)
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

6. godsgimp

godsgimp New Member

I've been trying to get some games in and mostly I've been beaten into oblivion, but enjoying just playing.

When I enter games though, I get the planet view and I can zoom out. But I don't see starting icons and it stays blank like that for ages. When it finally snaps me to commander view, it seems to be that the game has been going on in the meantime. When I played against others, they already have buildings and are flying planes overhead by the time I get control of my commander. If in a team game, my team mates are already building in full swing. I think it's just a lag issue, I wonder if there are any other people trying to play PA from South Africa?