New Unit Suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by soghog, August 16, 2013.

1. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Protip: To avoid capture, shoot the enemy lathe until it dies.
    archcommander likes this.
  2. CommieKazie

CommieKazie Member

If both capture and killing the enemy commander result in you winning, why would you bother with capturing it?

Just shoot it to death!

(I guess in a game with more than 2 teams it might give you control of that commanders' military and resources, but that seems OP)
  3. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Of course. It would only make sense if there were more than two people playing (and its all in the context of the unit suggestion whose purpose is to capture any unit).
  4. archcommander

So where is the thread about this Jon Mavor mentioned in the live stream?
  5. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread but I think it would fit better here:

6. archcommander

Ubernet did mention wind and geo-thermal didn't they? What about a solar-panel array that was this kind of shape http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Pentagonal_pyramid_flat.svg but more proportional to like say flower petals (because that proportion of a Pentagonal pyramid would just look ugly - maybe with a bend or half mirrored shape beneath). The way it could fold out and close up would be interesting and yet it wouldn't be outright copying anything from TA.
  7. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Heres a few I can list off the top of my head and I know most people wont like em and couple already been mentioned I'm sure but heres my 2 cents:

Shield Bubbles

Huge orbital gun ships,

Massive troop carriers for the interplanetary transports,

A Deathstar?,

An EMP tank to temporarily disable turrets/power to base or other units from moving,

Galactic Star-bases that orbit the planets and moons to provide planet defenses and space combat before you can even land on a planet to attack it?,

Cloaking Towers to hide bases or clusters of units from enemy and enemy radars.

Orbital Artillery Satellites to do area of damage effects from space!,

Ion Cannon defense structures that fire planet wide when within orbital range,

Something equivalent to SupComs experimental units but no ridiculous walking robots please as their kind of silly (my opinion it only ever works in anime not games)

New type of wall, Force-shield protected wall. (built like a regular wall with a deflector shield on top of it) like Dune for comparison.

Environmental Creatures that live on the planets. Ice creatures for ice planets, volcanic creatures for lava planets and Forrest giants for Dense Forrest planets!! Sand worms for Desert planets ect... just to bring the world more alive.... a fight against the elements on top of everything else.....
  8. archcommander

Shield Bubbles won't be in the game from what we have been hearing.
  9. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Has there been any talk about land units that burrow ?, That can like drill underground. Could be used for underground stealth attacks.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Try a search. Underground stuff came up a lot before.

Mike
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Yeah I know but I was thinking most of the stuff I mentioned would be for modded units except maybe the transport unit
  12. syox

syox Member

Bulletmagnet no attack big life, attrackts shots of other units.
    Mobile walls.
    Walking Platforms, bots can stand on(shot longer range, can be transported over water)
    Reclaim units
  13. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

My Unit suggestion
    Air-
    T-1 Light Transport: something like SupCom Transport, only to drop you units behind the enemy base
    T-2 Torpedo Bomber: your naval unit/sub Counter
    T-2 Spy(radar)Plane: good radar, but expensive
    T-2 Gunship: you know the classic Gunship
    T-2 Heavy Transport: to make drops in HOT LZ
    Land-
    T-1 Light Arty: to destroy Laser turrets without need to take fire, and support tanks (this arty is slower than tanks and have a big firing arc)
    T-2 Mobile Radar
    T-2 Amphibious Tank: an tank to cross the water ho
    vering
    T-2 Flak: counter Gunship, but don't fire on ground targets
    T-2 Riot Tank: w/ big AoE, the tank to counter Swarm of units
    T-2 Mobile Missile Launcher: good against Laser turrets, not so good against Armies
    Bot-
    T-1 Rocket Bot: good range, speed, low HP, good against tanks, but will lose against Doxes in Metal/Metal(or an good HP, low speed, but yet losing for doxes and wining against tanks in Metal/Metal)
    T-2 Sniper Bot: One shot one kill, anty Heavy
    T-2 Radar Jammer: I am not Sneaking in your base
    T-2 Amphibious Bot: now i can Sneak in the enemy Island(unless if they have sonar)
    T-2 Craliwng Bomb: KAMIKASE
    Navy-
    T-2 Radar Jammer ship: oh stealth Battleships
    Structures-
    T-2 Flak: counter gunships
    T-2 Radar Jammer: you don't need to see me
    Mexes upgrades: T-1 to T-2, I think is better than reclaim and build another
    Last edited: October 7, 2013
  14. crlmproductions

crlmproductions New Member

I would love a shield or radar unit that supports on the battlefield, A few more units like from SupCom and SupCom 2 something big and dumb would be awesome! Giants bots and some more vehicles would be cool! A radar jammer sounds awesome or at least a camouflage unit that hides others in its radius from the map (Probably T-1) A portable unit cannon or orbital mass transporter would be really cool! Being a defensive player I would love to have a few big artillery or Improved turrets like giant flak cannons would awesome!
  15. archcommander

They are trying to design a game that prevents turtling the whole game. Everyone needs to have an aggressive angle to win in this game... at least when it is more balanced.
  16. archcommander

A lot of realistic suggestions that could end up in game with some tweaking. Still hoping for the kind of unit capture (converts it to your army like the commanders could in TA) sub-commander type unit.
  17. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Why not an orbital bomber unit? we already have satellite lasers, we could purpose one to be more of an anti-base weapon, and the other to be a sniper.
  18. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

And make orbital even more into air units in spaaace? No thanks. (I allready hate the Avenger enough.) :(
  19. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

This is only the basic
  20. tbos

tbos Member

So i just had this crazy idea:

Imagine a launcher that can shoot a rocket anywhere on the same planet.

The rockets flies to a certain destination and when it lands headdown it drills itself into the ground till about halfway.

Then the thrusters and small wings pop off and fall on the ground. These will be reqlaimable.

Next an arm comes out of the lower part of the rocket (which is now the upper part where the thrusters were) which can shoot a deathray like the one of the monkeylord.

Out of the place where a wing was now shoofs a small rocketsartillery holder which can fire a limited amount of art shells. Lets say 20 small bombs in one go.

This would be great to crack open someones defence. First it destroys buildings on impact. Then it has a small artillery bombartment and then it has a laserbeam to finish of remaining units/ buildings in a near range.

Sounds like fun doesnt it :)

Edit: of course it could be used as a defence structure aswell so it isnt to similar as a nuke

Attached Files: