How do I use Halleys?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by lancemich, September 26, 2013.

1. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

At what point are you supposed to get that? once you put down the first Halley? or do you get those icons below the planets soon as you start the match? I never had them, and I just tried to place down 6 engines and couldn't do anything with them, I also had huge issues getting my units to land on 1 of the 3 planets I had... I had 4 landers just constantly orbiting the planet, just completely refused to land on it lol[/quote]

You get them as soon as the match starts.

for the landers, once they're in orbit, you have to hit 'L' and then left click the ground for them to do an "s. move" where they come down out of orbital layer down to air layer. "L" moving them once you've loaded units in makes them move back to orbital layer, from which you can move them between planets with a right clock on the target planet.
  2. Gltn

Gltn New Member

I'm not getting ANY effects. The moon just glides into the planet, and once its center is within the surface, the moon just disappears. No crater, no particles, no nothing :(
    Last edited: September 27, 2013
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i build 3 thrusters on a class 1 planetoid after that i went to the solarsystem map clicked on the planet with the thusters on clicked start annihilation and designated the point of impact ... enjoy the show ...

... yeah i had quite a grin on my face xD

especialy since my AI commander was stuck between montains all the time
    so i had quite a lot of time playing around with the stuff
    Last edited: September 27, 2013
  4. forerunnerdidact

forerunnerdidact New Member

I havn't understood a single thing that has been said here, so forgive me if I repeat something that has been answered within this subject.

I have 1 planet with 2 moons, 1 moon has 4 engines, tons and tons of power, no icons for the engine nor the 'annihilate' icon or anything related to that show up, neither before nor after the engines were built. the planet and the moons are all at the default settings that are applied when you first add them to the system.

Something I do wrong?
  5. microapple

microapple Member

You did nothing 'wrong'. The default systems don't have moons that are small enough to move. You need to create a custom system with small moon-planets.
  6. forerunnerdidact

I had 1 earth template with 2 moon templates orbiting. Do you mean I need to have 1 earth with 2 moons, orbiting the sun individually, instead of all together?
  7. vyrasa

vyrasa New Member

The moon template is too big to move with thrusters. You need to edit the placed moons, and reduce their radius from the moon's default (400?) to something 300 or lower.
    forerunnerdidact likes this.
  8. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

The biggest ive moved, in my videos, i cant remember size, but it took 25 thrusters :p
  9. forerunnerdidact

Ahhhhh ha okay I see. Well now I just have to get my game to start lol, then I can have fun with this. Thanks!
  10. k3n58

k3n58 Member

Looks like some planets you just can't move ... :)
    ha

Attached Files:

11. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

Is this a fixed limit or will it change before the final version?
  12. freehotdawgs

freehotdawgs New Member

I believe they said you will be able to affect orbits of every planet in the full game. Not sure though.
  13. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Speaking of defining which planets are movable, were they going to change/update the way metal planets were generated? I remember them saying they wanted to essentially create 'death stars' with the metal planets in which you could move them around via halleys and wreak havoc on whatever planet you want. The problem I see, is the smaller metal planets (the ones which you could move with Halleys) only give you 2 small stripes near the equator that you can build on. The rest of the planet, while cool looking is useless.

This would become problematic when you need space to build factories tp pump out units to then send through a unit cannon and bombard the enemy base, but it just doesn't seem feasible with this small double stripe build area...
  14. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

I like the idea that metal planets would have their own engines built in. Rather than sticking halleys on it.
  15. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I don't think the metal planets would come with engines, but that you could turn a metal planet into a death star by applying engines (to make it orbit the enemy planet) and then follow up with either orbital unit bombardment or sending units down via the unit cannon.

I just feel that the smaller metal planets give you far too little space to build on due to their large polar caps reducing the amount of space available to the player.
  16. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

What does the little "S" in the middle of some of the icons mean, and why don't they all have that? Or, is that a number 5 (for requiring 5 engines maybe)?

upload_2013-9-28_13-22-46.png
  17. MazK

MazK New Member

I think it means that you require 25 engines, altough that sounds to much, it's what I read on the forums.
  18. TimeDrawsNigh

TimeDrawsNigh New Member

It's the number 5 - so you'd need 25 Halley's.

They don't all have it because of their radius.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  19. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

OK, so it's a multiplier for the number of Halley's that you need. I guess that means that we could see other numbers in there as well?
  20. kmastaba

kmastaba Member

Why needing 25 halleys if the radius is limited to 200? Is it because of the mass?

One halley should be enough to move even the largest planet, only very slowly (but with constant acceleration)
    I'd like to move the planets aswell too.

How do you change a moon's orbit to another planet? (Without crashing it on the surface)