Nearly unplayable FPS issues.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by abandoneddefiance, September 26, 2013.

1. abandoneddefiance

abandoneddefiance New Member

Hey guys, downloaded the Beta and just got it running. First it 'd crash whenever I loaded it up, but now I'm having issues playing the game itself. I don't expect perfection especially since the beta JUST opened, but I'd love to at least be able to play to help with suggestions and have fun! I attached the DxDiag. Thanks in advance if anyone can help. :)

Attached Files:

2. MattyWS

MattyWS New Member

I'm having the same issues, just to confirm this. I have a pretty decent PC spec, 3.2ghz quad core, 8gb ram, 460 geforce card. I play on the lowest graphical settings and still get low FPS
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Your last Graphics driver update was in Jan 2012, first thing to do is check for Grapichs Driver Updates.

Mike
  4. iyenrithe

iyenrithe Member

Weird, I've been screwing around at work on my terrible laptop with a crappy dsl connection and it has been playing it today fairly well (1.4ghz, 4gigs ram, Radeon 6520) Just against the AI but I even smashed a moon into a planet and it didn't lock up. Granted the FPS isn't amazing, but its playable
  5. SmashGear

SmashGear New Member

I'm having fps troubles also. It's strange, the fps sits at a steady 15, like it's got vsync set to that or something. Then every few seconds it will instantly jump up to 60 then drop again.

According to Geforce Experience my graphics drivers are up to date. I'm running this on:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Intel i7-3770
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
    8GB ram

Thanks!
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that is normal functioning. 15fps is good for non optimized. wait for release.
  7. SmashGear

SmashGear New Member

That's what I thought at first too. But why would it just jump to 60 for 2-3 second then drop again with out me even moving the camera?
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

cuz ghosts. this is like this since the very very first build released to the public. it will change when optimised. but the short answer is that your graphic card is forced to empty out rendered models in the vram to render new ones in on a constant basis because it uses up more vram than any existing graphic card by loading everything in the playing field at 100% quality wheter it be on screen or off.
  9. abandoneddefiance

Done.

Attached Files:

10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Done....what? Checking for updates? was there one? did you install it? Words man, use them! ;P

Mike
  11. abandoneddefiance

Haha, sorry! Yeah, I checked and updated it fully through the Nvidia GeForce Experience client. Going to play another game to see if it's improved. I put another DxDiag in the previous post after the update was applied.
  12. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

Im getting unplayable FPS as well, its like it tops out at 20.0 and wont go any higher. Its like its locked at that FPS.

No matter what settings, UBER runs as well as LOW

Attached Files:

13. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Thats just all down to it being only just gone sorta pre-beta ish... LOADS AND LOADS of optimizations to come just have to hang in there, do what you can your end to try and improve performance, dont run full screen ect... give em time it'll be optimized soon enough
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Do you have one card or SLI? (DxDiag don't show it properly)
  15. abandoneddefiance

The Graphics Driver update proved to help immensely, and I can play now! Only problem is that any time I play an AI game I get absolutely annihilated (lol) by air units. I find by the time the game loads they have a couple dozen fighters ready to go. And any time I try to find an "Ubernet match" and get into a game it just says "Starting Game" for 10 minutes and never actually starts. Quickmatch does the same thing, except it won't let me exit back to the menu.
  16. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Try playing with fewer or smaller planets. Large planets can take a while to load.
  17. abandoneddefiance

I've tried looking for games but I can never get into them. As soon as I try to join it says the connection to the server failed.

The system editor does not let me save systems, or load them.
  18. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

Just a single GTX 680 4GB Vram. I get the same performance on all settings, crap. People with almost identical rigs and lower spec cards like the 670 get more than double my frames per second.
    cmdandy likes this.
  19. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is something you can check.

Can you please press Ctrl+P in game (to see exact FPS) and then toggle UI using Ctrl+M. And compare your FPS with UI or without UI, post results here, okay?
  20. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

At work for another 4 hours but ill try that when I get home for sure!