Universe View, Viewing Entire Map

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by izak, September 27, 2013.

1. izak

izak New Member

I'm used to SupCom 1 & 2 where I could easily zoom out and see the entire map. In building on these spheres I feel like I'm constantly at odds with what is outside of my intimidate vision. There is the ability to zoom out and see all planets, but I'm not sure how to make use of it in a way that lets me have a broader view of whats occurring.

Anyone having this kind of concern? It feels like the AI's ability to know where everything is just became a new level of nuisance.
  2. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

So, Uber is aware of this issue. At the moment there is no mini-map, but this may change. What is certain is that there will some kind of additional window-in-window, mini-map, or something which will let you view more than the current build allows. Eventually you will probably be able to have multiple mini-map type windows, one for the system, another for one planet, another for another planet, and so forth.

But to answer your question, yes, people have expressed that concern.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Many have called for a minimap to fix this issue, originally Uber was firm that a Minimap wasn't the correct solution, and things like being able to have multiple windows open would greatly help a player's awareness. Lately Uber has mentioned they will look into Minimaps more strongly, but we are still missing a lot of tools so it's really hard to judge as of yet.

Mike
  4. izak

izak New Member

Thank you for the responses. I just became active in the community today so I'm a bit behind on the discussions so far.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Use the sticky threads, there is a ton of useful info secreted away within them.

Mike