Playing against AI

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by aa223, September 26, 2013.

1. aa223

aa223 New Member

I'm sorry for asking this but how do I just play against the AI? I tried custom game and publish but it didn't feel like anything happened.
  2. cantaffordbeans

cantaffordbeans New Member

Don't think you can buddy, it's only a BETA so I can't imagine there's been AI implemented yet. I could be wrong though, don't take my word for it.
  3. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

You used to be able to, by making a custom game and readying up before anyone joins, it will then fill up the blanks with A.I. But that doesnt seem to be working lately..
  4. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

They may have temporarily removed it. The AI wasn't very good anyway, it was almost like a sandbox game mode with an air-spamming player.
  5. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Pretty good for learning the ropes tho, Getting used to each unit as theres no tutorial.
  6. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

Try to get a friend or something for the time being. There are quite a lot of clans to join if you want to get started and learn quickly.
  7. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I don`t. I don`t have many friends willing to pay so much extra for beta or alpha. Im really only interested in the A.I. myself. But for others, I think it would be good for newcomers to have an A.I. that you can activate in the lobby.
  8. sniggyfigbat

sniggyfigbat New Member

Yeah, I really don't know how to begin without at least some kind of AI to fight. I don't want to leap into my first game without ever having played before...
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

What the litteral fu ck are you guys talking about?

no seriously. Have you tried hitting "ready" ...and actually waiting? cuz I have. And it worked.
  10. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

well it worked for me today, the game automatically fills in empty army spots with ai. I played today against 3 ai. Just create a game open as many army as you want ai besides the one you join and start the game.

The ai only does air though, and atm with the less frequent Metal spots, air is really overpowered. if you go ground you will never be able to expand or even protect your stuff. because of air mobility
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

When I tried earlier, it did not.

So it seems sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not.
  12. tatsujb

é_è again what? have you heard of anti-air fighters and mobile anti air?
    you have to wait longer than in alpha, give it another go and be as patient as yoda this time.
  13. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

When? There was a brief moment between patches where it didn't work. There were TWO patches today in case you haven't been paying attention.
  14. igncom1

You are correct, the wait time is quite long.
  15. cbale2000

cbale2000 New Member

Mind giving us a ball-park time we should expect to wait?
  16. igncom1

30 seconds? Or at least long enough for you to give up hope.
  17. tatsujb

10 to 15 minutes max.
  18. 1th0th1

1th0th1 New Member

As it seems that its not so easy to get the AI to join as alpha, I don't suppose theres a seperate port for other clients is there? So we could block a specific port but still connect to the uber servers? Long shot, forgive me if this has been asked already.
  19. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

I've personally never once ever had a problem playing against the AI.
    1. Make custom game.
    2. Pick number of players.
    3. Select Commander/colors.
    4. Play game.
    5. ???
    6. Kill AI, win life.
    Seriously. Easy modo.. ;)
  20. tatsujb

what people aren't getting even though we hammer it vehemently into their heads, is that they have to hit "ready" whith empty slots, they won't see the slot filled up with the text : "AI" and that it's a question of pressing the ready button fast, otherwise a real person joins.