Interplanetary Travel times.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by exdeusmachina, September 26, 2013.

1. exdeusmachina

exdeusmachina New Member

Interplanetary travel times need to be cut down. I understand not being able to zip from planet to planet (without some sort of teleportation device built on both end, which would be SWEEET!~) 10-30 minutes max. Some of the biggest games i have played it has taken in excess of hours for commanders/ engineers to move planet to planet. This is just too slow for an RTS, and allows for these huge period of invulnerability where the game cannot end.

Other than that my issues with the beta are almost nonexistent. It might be cool to make the laser death ray a little more AOE (effective against tanks and bots) and less effective against coms (instant com sniper!).

Finally, i never would've thought this type of game was possible, and the amount of progress made is near God-like. I wouldn't believe it if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Basically, outstanding work!

Cheers
  2. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Are you a new BETA user?
  3. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

sounds like something went wrong, mine took 5 minutes. maybe the solar system you made was a bigger scale than you thought.
  4. exdeusmachina

exdeusmachina New Member

I have been with the game since the first set of alpha keys. Maybe it was a bug, although the scale of the system was gigantic (not mine)
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

It's quite possibly a bug. We are already playing fast and loose with travel times but it's early days in terms of that so we can tweak further. We basically have a multiplier factor we can apply. For example crashing planets are at 10x and transports are at 3x.
  6. exdeusmachina

exdeusmachina New Member

Thanks for the reply! Must've been a bug!