Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

So I just sent a small moon into a planet, took 3 of them engine things. Not sure if they`re bugs but ill let you know anyway.

The engines had no animation or effect, just a sound of a horn. When it got close enough to touch the planet, it just went through it, and the game crashed. But before crashing i noticed that all the A.I`s were annihilated. There was no collision or destruction tho.
  2. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

thats a shame :( so i i will stop my game now ....
  3. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Just one obeservation... those screen shakes when a nuke blows up. Make it stop. So annoying. :mad:

(Is there something in the options menu? If not, I propose an addition there for that. :D )

Also, I had the nuke launcher selected when it finished building making it not de-selectable anymore. Had to restart the game to fix it.
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Oh man, I had a very similar bug to your latter bug earlier. I cannot rememebr what the hell it was tho..
  5. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

They dont have animations yet as far as i can tell, but they should have a "burn" effect when activated (Like jet flames). For me they displayed said burn effect when activated and when they hit the planet it didnt crash, the impact left a big crater.

However the whole explosion was rather lackluster, it just went into the planet at first, then a 10x nukes explosion (as in, it looks the same as the current nuke just bigger), then suddenly there was a circular crater (just pop'ed in), no shockwaves, nothing special. Im hopeing for some realy cool explosions and stuff later in development.
  6. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

Are the servers overloaded? It's taking me 15 plus minute to load the game, and this is the 4th games that has stop.
    "simulation ended"
  7. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I got zero effects, and zero destruction, no crater or anything, then it crashed :/
  8. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I havent had "simulation ended" once yet, but it does take me a good ten minutes to load into the game.
  9. microapple

microapple Member

Uber is probably messing with the servers now, updating them and preparing them for the strain of 20k+ more players.
  10. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

@neutrino - have you guys activated all the 20'000-25'000 beta-keys yet?
  11. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Someone made a video:

Thats how it should look.
    Raevn likes this.
  12. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Thats awesome! And it looks like it runs butter smooth on your rig.. let me guess, Intel and Nvidia right? Im on AMD 8350 and 7970 and doing that on mine was painful.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181477462

here you can see I didnt have any effect on the Helleys.
  13. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

14. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Im glad the planet doesnt just suddenly become destroyed.
    People complain about nukes enough as is.
    This is awesome, the fact that it is not instantly destroyed also legitimizes some fantastic destruction.
    Such as, lineing up multiple planets to impact at once, or firing nukes from the planet, at the target planet, WHILE it is about to smash into it.
    Instant destruction would be just too easy and over with too quickly.

That and at the end of a match, to really sit back and look at the burning remains of a solar system. Small bases hidden in the craters. Celestial "apple cores" drifting as derelict waste.
    epic.
  15. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

As i understand it, there will still be larger projectiles (or perhaps the same size with more engines) that will be able to "instantly" destroy a world, however a smaller projectile simply damages it.
  16. microapple

microapple Member

Wierd, I'm on an AMD 6300 and 7870 and my game runs as smooth as that video.
  17. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Cool, that works for me. Glad its just not a "one size fits all" dynamic.
  18. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

How many hally things do you have to build and how do you use them???
  19. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Id try searching before posting such a question, its been answered allredy.

However il give you the answer regardless.

The amount of hallys needed depends on the size of the world, if you zoom out into system view and check the small planetary list at the top right corner, there will be grey icons underneath some of the smaller worlds names, the number of icons = the number of hallys needed (they turn green for each halley you build).

Do note that you cant move worlds that are to large no matter how many hallys you build on them.

As for using them, once all the hallys needed are completed you can go into system view, click on the planet in question and a window pops up (i dont rember what the button on its says), click it, zoom onto the target world and click it (you need to zoom in to choose target), then click activate (or engage or whatever it said).

Then you wait.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  20. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Uber, What the **** did you do with performance ?????????
    It has been improved sooooooooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just curious .... any room for additional improvement ? :p
    At this Beta stage, you basically did the most impressive stuff i've ever seen so far.
    You're kings of coding :)