Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. baryon

baryon Active Member

Got a "simulation terminated" about 5 minutes ago, while playing versus the AI.
  2. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Ok after messing around, viable KEW sizes are as follows: radius 200 - 3 engines, radius 300 - 25(!) engines and 400 - impossible.

EDIT: fixed the 300 mark
    Last edited: September 26, 2013
  3. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Just got back home with a computer, so didn't had time to check the whole thread yet, but i observed that if you got a problem with the Beta Youtube video, the UI crash.

Small explanation : my FAI and Youtube don't like each other, so youtube limit the available bandwidh. This usually translate in numerous problems with every youtube content.
    When i try to watch the video, either it start and then stop because no more data is send by youtube, or don't start at all.
    In game, the first case usually result in a crash of the UI (coherent UI crash), the second in huge slowness.

This problem will be very common in France at least, as my FAI (Free) is very popular there.
  4. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Telling a group of engineers to move on another side of the planet ended up having them facing the wall and not doing anything else. I guess pathfinding needs some work :p
  5. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

Is anyone else "starting game" screen loading slowly/lagging?
  6. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

What build tree is it under?
  7. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

I don't follow you. What is under a build tree? Halley/engine is advanced tech. system tray is what you see in the top right corner when you zoom out of a planet and get the solar system grid.
  8. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Yeah I experienced longer loading times both with initial simulation startup and upon returning to the game after changing the screen edge-scroll option. Everything has worked for me thus far though I haven't played for more than 20 min... at work :/
  9. vipez

vipez Member

Those planet thrusters are damned expensive to build >.<
  10. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

A bit disappointing to see that the planet survived after an impact with an asteroid. There was a huge explosion and a massive crater left at the impact site, but no "ultimate annihilation". I hope exploding/cracking planets gets implemented at some point.
  11. hohopo

hohopo Member

Oh so want to try this now...
    That was my plan for the next game
  12. vipez

vipez Member

Atleast in the PA trailer, they destroyed the planet in the end. So why shoudn't they implement it? :)
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The new fullscreen is nice, but it somehow doesnt seem to work like the fullscreen scripts previously used by myself and others. The difference is that it flickers massively when I clickoutside of the PA window.
    So my setup has 3 screens and PA is in the middle. When I leave the PA screen and click somewhere outside of it all 3 screens turn black for maybe 500ms or so. It's kind of annoying in my eyes. With my fullscreenscript (which sets the window to have a small border and sizes it to "fullscreen", so borders are outside of the visible area, it did not happen.
  14. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Yeah, probably they will. Could have been that I used the smallest planet size. If someone would kindly test how the explosion works with planets between radius sizes 200 - 300 (please note: 300 takes a whoopping 25 engines to get moving so I can't really recommend anyone to try this).
  15. vipez

vipez Member

My small moon with the thrusters just circles the "soon to gone" planet...LAME
  16. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

How do you turn them thrusters on? I built two of em but couldn't do anything with them. Will there be a way to navigate them around the system or is it all done by eye and lining them up? Cheers.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I havent tried myself, but I think you need more than 2
  18. shelnutt2

shelnutt2 New Member

It seems you can now build adv mex over basic mexs and debris. However when building over basic mexs you end up with an adv and a basic mex on the same spot.
  19. moldez

moldez Active Member

Hi there,

first off, great build, huge performance improvement !

second ..

got already two games (one just about 5 mins ago) where everything stops .. u are able to move the camera around but everything is like paused and the game won*t recover from this pausemode :-(

in one game earlier today I got an error with selecting units .. I was not able to get rid of the selectionbox on my cursor .. couldn`t select anything with it either so I had to close PA with the taskmanager..

naval units face in the wrong direction while firing (again .. think this was fixed already)

pathfinding seems to be a little worse than before

keep up your great work .. and get some sleep sometime ;-)

greetz, moldez
  20. microapple

microapple Member

Zoom out to the system display, look for the moon on the system tab, if you have all the thrusters required for annihilation it'll say "Ready". You click on ready, select a target, and boom.

Side note, I believe this is a (probably known) bug: If planets are close to the sun, Astraeus units cannot navigate to them. Also, they will attempt to navigate to the planet by going *through* the sun.