Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. ycnz

ycnz New Member

Nearly halfway through the 26th, even. :) And I'm at home recovering from a nasty flu...
  2. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

i had forgotten about the beta up until yesterday :| now im f5ing this page lol
  3. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

but seriously what advantage do you get for putting it on steam. i still am wondering why we put this game on steam in the first place. especially after all those people complaining about the price.
  4. microapple

microapple Member

Another advantage is that you can change your steam profile name on the fly (which reflects in game each time you launch the game). So, you can choose your clantag on a whim. As far as a know, its more difficult to do this through the Uber launcher.
  5. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Steam is a great platform, it's an easy way to organise your games and having them available to download on any system that you may own. While steam isn't necessarily cheaper than other stores, it does offer a clear list of discounted games.
  6. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

interesting, even though that post was meant for a different thread, it was still informal.
  7. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

You can also change your display name separately from your account name on the uberent store account page.
    elitedanzel likes this.
  8. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

get more publicity on steam... easily accessible to a bigger audience of players... some people know,trust and prefer to buy games off steam... just the obvious reasons why its on steam...
  9. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

all my games are on steam. Its almost a requirement for me.
  10. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Can one not get the beta update through steam? Is that why everyone is shitting on steam? Where's this coming from?
  11. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

The last expected alpha build will not be on steam, but then within the next 24 hours the beta will be on steam.
  12. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Ah yes we need the launcher if we want to test out the potential release of the last alpha build:

In light of this, I hope steam users will still be able to get the beta just as easily as the non-steam users.
    Last edited: September 26, 2013
  13. faregoth

faregoth New Member

Yes, Uber confirmed this, read ones of garets posts somewhere, it said that you need the launcher.
    microapple likes this.
  14. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

There isn't an advantage, but I'm thankful we've been given the choice. When I have that choice, I'll choose to keep a game outside of Steam wherever possible.
  15. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

I would have never heard of PA if it weren't on steam. On Linux it popped up as a featured games so I purchased it.
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Agree, i don't want to be limited in games sharing by Steam when possible. I bought 150 games and only can use one at time... this is just silly.
  17. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Thank you! Didn't seem to change my forum name though.
  18. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I like being able to get to my game collection no matter where I am at any time, and not having to keep all the physical media around. Download speeds are amazing...and it keeps everything up to date.
  19. deso88

deso88 Member

20. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

What is this"physical media" you speak of?
    vegnis likes this.