Quick update

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, September 18, 2013.

1. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Garat your signature / avatar is much wanted !!!!!!! Any chance Uber offers such signatures/avatars ?
  2. faregoth

faregoth New Member

When you mean through the day we release our next build, are you talking about the beta build, or are you guys going to do a preliminary patch before beta next week?
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

... yes? :) We'll release a build when we have one ready. If we need an interim build, we will, if the next build is the beta build, we'll still release more info that we can.
  4. halosas

halosas Member

I was just wondering are we still on place holders like units and buildings etc. or are some things going to change.
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

There are very few "placeholder" units, though brand new units often get introduced before we have final art, so we can play around with them first. Not sure what your actual question is? Or does that answer it?
    vackillers and indy802 like this.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Ah, so naive, I remember when I was like that! ;p

This is part of the reason why Kickstarter is so Popular, it removes publishers from the equation of making games.

Mike
    ZobiOneKenobi and nutbag1911 like this.
  7. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

So, in other words, you guys don't hold anything back? When you have a stable build, you put it out there, regardless of the timing? If that's true, then I would imagine that an exception to this would be when you've announced the dates for large releases, like the Beta? Or is there a chance that even the Beta date could change (whether forward, or back)?

I would vote that if things aren't quite done by the 26th for the large Beta build, that you let the Beta backers have access to whatever build is currently out there. I'm sure everyone would love the time to get some experience with things, even if they are going to change significantly. Watching videos is one thing, actually digging in and playing is another. :)
  8. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

While my assumption is everything is subject to change. if it needs to be. :eek:
  9. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

we are the borg resistance is futile
    thelowleypineapple likes this.
  10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Just wondering if you have given the minimap any more consideration or will this maybe be a modable feature?

The last time I remember it been mentioned was on a love stream when neutrino said that a dev had been playing around with it and managed to be able to unwrap the globe into a map. Maybe it has been mentioned since but I haven't came across anything.

Edit: Haha love stream. Stupid phone.
  11. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Not to mention the fact a publisher simply wants to make money not a good game.
  12. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Wow... Kickstarter must be the greatest thing since sliced bread then.
  13. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

The king plays the part of the publisher:
    mushroomars and CommieKazie like this.
  14. halosas

halosas Member

Yea just wondering what units and final buildings would look like.
  15. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Yeah me2 Halosas, I actually put a question out on the steam forum before I bought this asking if the final retail game would look anything close to what they have as the canyon concept art, because that stuff just looks absoutely stella and is one of the reasons why I was interested in this game in the first place (apart from the concept of the gameplay and everything else of course). Garat replied with a screenshot and basically suggested that the game can potentially look VERY CLOSE as to how the concept biome pictures are, so that should give you a good idea hopefully.

Thanks for the update though and whether the beta is out next week or not, doesn't really bother me at this point I'm in the for long haul anyway and this thread was quite enlightening about just simply how much "control" publishers do have over a game these days. In no way/shape or form should a "Publisher" ever have the right to tell you how to make your own game, if they want to be your publisher and back, great, they should never have the right to turn your project into something else. One of the dark trades I think of the industry as a whole, and kickstarter will basically become the savior in the end. We back games that WE want to play... you cant get any more logical than that!!
  16. omega4

omega4 Member

It's been a while since I last posted. It's good to see that this project is still going strong.
  17. mrwho

mrwho New Member

Just wondering, can we expect a livestream with beta gameplay soon?
  18. NortySpock

NortySpock Member

I dunno, it might be a "ship beta first, then do livestream announcing it after we put some of the major fires out" kind of thing. Which I am entirely OK with.
  19. KNight

KNight Post Master General

infuscoletum likes this.
  20. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Ya. As much as I love the live streams, I think the next one can wait till after the beta has begun :)