Quick update

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, September 18, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Yah, I'll probably start assembling the build notes soon, and through the day we release our next build. If we release it before the day of the build though, it will probably be in the backers forum until it goes live, where we have some expectation of keeping a lid on it for a few days. :)
  2. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Nice avatar, someone's been making some EPIC concept art :eek:
  3. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I bet everyone would love to see an early gameplay video of the multi planet gameplay and planet smashing. :D
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Why sink hours of time into that when they could just release it that much sooner?

Mike
  5. Devak

Devak Post Master General

It gets everyone so exited they can barely hold their pee?

Anyway, it's awesome to see you guys getting closer and closer to Beta! I think most of us -me included- have no clue just how hard you work for it. Don't forget to take the occasional break to retain your humanity :p.
    ZobiOneKenobi likes this.
  6. KNight

But you would get to play the game at or around the same time you would be able to view a video of the game itself.

Mike
  7. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Actually that was the only sane reason i could think of FOR making a video. There's plenty of reasons to actually focus on the game and have it out earlier :D
  8. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

I have never made videos myself, but wouldn't making a crappy one that just shows testers playing an interplanetary game take only a few minutes to publish? (Aside from the time it takes to play that test game, which they would probably play anyway). Not saying they should make a video, just asking a question.
  9. KNight

To publish maybe, but they also have to make the video(total investment for that is Unedited Video Length * Number of employees involved), if it needs editing thats more work and above all that it needs to be organized.

It's like the Live Streams, yeah they only go for 30-60 minutes, but a lot more man hours go into them than the length of the video would indicate.

Mike
  10. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Well, with "a crappy one" I meant completely unedited, with one of the guys recording what he sees when he plays, possibly saying something as well. Wouldn't actually want them to make one, because that would just cause people to say "hey, that looks finished enough. RELEASE" or something down that line.
  11. stonberg

stonberg Member

I hope you're obeying Kepler's laws... Have you cracked the N-body problem yet? ;-)
  12. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Hey garat has a new signature.

How dare he have time to spend on cropping a render and adding text! Back to work with you! No Krispy Kremes today!
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This will be great! Also I'm like your new avatar! SOON! :D
  14. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Wait, wait, wait! You telling us that publishers actually decide what YOU want to do with YOUR game?

I always thought publishers only provided a source of founding, advertisement and set a release date, in exchange of certain % of profit (that is quite high until their investment is repayed) but nothing else. This might explain why some great games in the past when down the pooper (SupCom2, SOTS 2, Rome 2, etc.).
  15. gorerillaz

gorerillaz Member

IVE GOT THE BEST MAP!!! I call it Cricket Ball!!!! HAHAHAH >:}
    Biome:Eart
    Seed:16955
    Radius:21
    Height:50
    Water:38
    Temp:16

EDIT: I may or may not have put this in the wrong Forum Post

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 19, 2013
    infuscoletum likes this.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Nope - publishers dip their oars in to maximise profits. They're investors after all and want a reasonable ROI.
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

[​IMG] here you go ^^
    GoodOak likes this.
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'd imagine that when dealing with publishers they tend to have only one point of view they're trying to force on you. Here, you get about twenty different perspectives all vying for your attention.

Well, at least until Saturday >:-D

[​IMG]
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

x')
  20. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

It depends on the publisher, but it is not uncommon that a publisher can demand changes they deem are important to a project.