1. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

You know how you can destroy stuff by pushing delete on the selected items? Well, in team battles you can do the exact same with Commanders, and you can sabotage your team mates by doing so. Funny, but needs to be fixed
  2. Badtoasters

Badtoasters Member

hmm i was playing a 3v3 once when that happened to the other team
    nutbag1911 likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

How would it be fixed?

In Army matches everything is shared. Economy, units, building, everything.

Don't really see how players would not be able to destroy stuff without breaking the "shared everything."

Hm... Maybe by default there's a setting where players in Army can't delete buildings or units. If you trust the player you can then allow things to be destroyed.

Although, players would still be able to force fire at buildings...

I think due to the shared-everything nature of Army matches, griefing will always be a risk. :-/

I'd recommend playing Army matches with people you know. Try connecting with other players here on the forums!
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

nothing new see : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/interesting-anti-com-bomb-idea.49563/

I dissagre entirely, you can't find it in you to pick up a mic, take some friends and play on a team then it's your own damn fault.

I think it's necessary that there be no anti-stupidity measures in the game so that the people of the community's maturity become the community's buisness. It's by leaving such things as the pause button on supcomfa that it's community grew into one of examplary maturity.

Do you think by hearding it's community into the den Riot Games achived great maturity out of their community?

This is a game that requires intelligence, play with your own team, soon you will find yourself flying high above such abstract issues.
    Last edited: September 13, 2013
  5. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Why would one Commander have access to another's self destruct code? Perhaps an exception is useful here, if only so that comms don't get accidentally blowed up.
  6. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I perceive an "army" as a single hive mind, as opposed to a group of Commanders working in unison. An alliance, which we will encounter later, would be Commanders working together. An Army is just a bunch of Commander brains twist-tied together to make a really smart Commander brain. Like the CORE from TA.

Two Commanders in the same army never betray each other, they never step on one another's feet, they never find fault in one another because they are the same entity. Obviously this isn't the case, because humans have a tendency to loose about half of their brain when given anonymity and other humans, but the point in my post is that Armies are designed for a more competitive scene. You know, an Army is a group of humans who have practiced to the point that they behave like a single hive mind (a hive mind that involves a lot of yelling, cursing and "where did my 40 Fabbers go?"), while an Alliance is a group of humans who would just as gladly work together to achieve the destruction of an entire galaxy as they would **** each other over.
  7. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Riot games? Mature community? Hehehe. Good one.
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Noob griefing is probably worse when you get someone rushing t2 with 10 engineers at the start and refusing to stop. Happens pretty often.
  9. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Maybe when Advanced Units aren't just upgrades (and in many cases, worse than Basic Units) people won't be so eager to rush them.

Eh? *wink wink - nudge nudge*
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  10. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

No, they'll just rush whichever unit (Basic or Advanced) that works the best in a large mob compared to any other unit count or combination.
  11. nanolathe

As soon as I see your 'large mob' I'll make whichever unit (Basic or Advanced) that destroys 'large mobs'.
    :rolleyes:

I'm thinking 'The Buzzsaw', I'm thinking Guardians, I'm thinking Levelers (TA), I'm thinking GAAT Laser Towers, I'm thinking Pyros, I'm thinking Thuds behind a wall, I'm thinking Rockos that can't miss your broad-side-of-a-barn-sized force, I'm thinking of about half a dozen other units that would answer your 'large mob' with a grin and about 200 tonnes of high explosive and cleansing flame.

But above all, I'm thinking Dragons Teeth to set up a juicy killing field; where the traffic jam is as much an enemy to you as my guns.
    Last edited: September 9, 2013
  12. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

You shouldn't be playing shared armies with strangers, same team yes, same control over units no.

You need communication and great teamwork for that to work at all.
  13. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Currently, the only way to defeat a mob is to have something directly superior to it. There are not any other mechanics which discourage players from picking the units with the best combat efficiency possible (and wreckage disintegrates so fast it isn't funny).
  14. nutterboy

nutterboy Member

Nothing better than a good troll on LoL after a hiding on PA xD makes me feel better.

But seriously, the Army mode is designed to be all shared, I love it tonnes, it is really really good when you are with friends and I see it being great for competitive play when it starts to grow (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Alliance will come and I guess that will be good when you don't really know the people you are playing with so you can work together but keep your own style.

Things are fine the way they are I think :)

Although being able to tell the difference with who's commander is who would be nice.
  15. nanolathe

Alpha is Alpha. Those units will come, one way, or another.

I completely agree that wreckage is next to useless compared to how durable it should be.
  16. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Depends on the viability of rushing defenses against rushing offense. Bearing in mind "rush" strategies are generally early-game, while deathball/mob strategies are late-game and as such a consequence of flawed design (and also easily countered).
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

It's simple really. Different Rules for Different Game Modes.
  18. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Multi-person armies, even at launch, kind of rely on you trusting the people you're playing with to not grief. Sometime soon, we'll have diplomatic alliances (either locked at start, or makeable/breakable as you play), which won't allow for that kind of griefing.

That's coming soon, but this is a core part of that particular type of game play. You have to trust the people you're playing with. Other things like password protected games, password protected armies, etc, will help make sure you only get the people in your match you want and trust to play.
    Clopse likes this.
  19. naugrim

naugrim New Member

Please make sharing line of sight with allies optional (at least when the alliances are not locked). Backstabbing can be fun.
  20. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

What I usually do (if they don't stop after I ask) is just pull off the majority of the engineers myself so that the economy is no longer stalling. Most of the time they don't notice. If they're persistent and still keep putting them back on.. then it's time to use ye olde delete button on those engies. This strategy can have blow back though of course ;)