Planetary annihilaton beta

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by f2shih, September 6, 2013.

1. f2shih

f2shih New Member

hi guys i was wondering when the betas coming around i heard september 6 but that is gone they should just follow that and make ajustments later this is annoying that beta hasn't start
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

3. CommanderKrill

CommanderKrill New Member

Its not the 6th yet in the states. It'll happen when it's ready I'm guessing.
  4. thelowleypineapple

thelowleypineapple Member

eveyone has been asking this many times, please make sure your reading through the forums before you post things as ive had to go and get this information many times:
    "Our anticipated schedule is as follows:

Alpha Early Access Begins: June 16th, 2013 - Alpha access may be restricted to online connection required

Beta Early Access Begins: September 6th, 2013 - Beta access may be restricted to online connection required

Retail Access Begins: December 15th, 2013"

this was taken from the steam page about a week ago they say anticipated. now on the steam page it took away the dates due to confusion and just say September.
  5. funkybacon

funkybacon New Member

"It will be ready when it's ready"™
  6. f2shih

f2shih New Member

7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We're sorry it's annoying it hasn't started, but we have always said it will start when it's ready. The date listed on Steam was in error. The 6th was an internal goal, never an official deadline, and until we have interplanetary in, we're not feature complete. Therefore, we're not in beta yet. Soon, we promise. We're working hard, but making good games takes time. :)
    archcommander and cobycohodas like this.
  8. kal000px

kal000px New Member

so what date do you guess?
  9. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

I would love to hear how far you are in the making of interplanetary. Obviously it's not done since it isn't yet implemeneted into the alpha, but something along the lines "collisions don't quite work yet, lander doesn't move smooth, unit cannon is broken" etc. would be nice to hear :)

To kal000px when it's done means basically when it's done. By a date it means somewhere between the next hour and the end of time.
  10. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

They won't "guess" when it's ready, as that would be
    a/most likely incorrect
    b/start another chain reaction of "but you said it would be ready by **** date"

Besides which, they (the devs) know what they need to do now to make interplanetary work, but as they make changes, currently-working parts of the game may break, or the ideas they have to make interplanetary work may be incorrect, so different approaches may be necesary.
  11. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

I guess the 21st.

Does my guess, or even a guess from an Uber employee mean anything? Nope.
    MikeyTheSoviet likes this.
  12. funkybacon

funkybacon New Member

You could use EVE online's version and say:
    It's coming to you Soon(™), it means the same but is shorter :p
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

don´t make me wait to long ... my hand started to shake every now and again :(
  14. garat

Ya'll are welcome to guess on dates. I'm not going to. :)
  15. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

The date it will come out is when it is ready.
  16. flexable

flexable Member

The famous when it's done...
  17. garat

It's famous because it's the only honest answer. ;-) In most cases, any other answer is usually at best, an educated guess.
  18. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I'm patient. You have done great work thus far. Coding isn't easy. Although I wouldn't mind the 3D Studio Max and Photoshop style work as much. ;)
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

guys don't get your hopes up, they said when interplanetary is in and working correctly (that's a big biiig step). I imagine they also want to stabilize the look and feel such as colormetry, strat icons, base naming and scale changes ^=^ and such. Be realsitic, beta's a long way off. All the better, the more developpment time this baby gets the happier I am.
    archcommander likes this.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i say thursday 26 is when beta will start ^^ not friday or saturday ... but thursday ... it has to be thursday
    ... i have that feeling ... may be i should play lotto on that day ...
    my brother won a xbox on that day from gamescom