Short Cuts Not working

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by CommanderKrill, September 4, 2013.

1. CommanderKrill

CommanderKrill New Member

Is it just me or is everyone having issues using any shortcuts, most of mine dont work, 'i' works, Shift-N for metal does not, CTRL-F1 does not.?
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

CTRL-N is used to show strategic icons for mex. Recommend you check the keybindings to check you are using the right shortcuts.
  3. CommanderKrill

CommanderKrill New Member

I found the problem with key bindings not working, is Cola's fault in a way.
    Did a fresh install except Pa Stats Tracker and Pamm were still there when the game was replaced, did a full delete of that directory and restored from backup and presto, key bindings work, will point him to this post and inform him of the issue.

Other issues I have sent to lennardf1989 Tasklist tracking.
    1 Backspace in game against AI, takes me back to lobby where connection is rejected, Back space again takes me back to main menu
    2 Game setting drop down menu's are blank unless I open one and move the cursor up and down the list, when the words for dropdown menu appear.
    3 Naval units, Fab Ship and Fab Sub wouldnt work together... Not sure if this is a Mod issue or game issue.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yes the patch broke a few mods of mine, I don't know which exactly at this point as I just got home. Will get to it now.
    It's generally best to deactivate all mods you have after a patch to see if some problems are caused by broken mods.
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I had this problem due to not updating my ui_mod_list.js file correctly for all of the various js files that pastats has. Once I got pastats installed correctly again, keyboard shortcuts worked again.

Interesting why the faulty mod installation breaks the keyboard shortcuts, but hey, these things happen!
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Here is why it broke in the newest patch:
    PA has an internal system to store options. I.e. the keyboard shortcuts are stored in it. Since v7 of PA Stats it stores if you want to send data or not to the server in that very options storage. However while implementing that feature I found a bug in the storage system in PA that breaks it for the storage of boolean values (a checkbox...) I fixed that bug by adding extra code to the mod that overwrote a few game functions -fixing the bug for all code executed in the live game- and reported the bug to garat. With the latest patch Uber fixed the bug, but this now leads to the old version of pa stats breaking the whole storage system and thus it can't load your hotkey settings.

I think the hotkeys not working after doing mistakes in the mod list file is because the mod list file is parsed before the hotkeys are applied, so if the code breaks while parsing the mod list it never reaches the point where it applies any hotkeys.
    zihuatanejo likes this.