Annihilation. Not Planetary. Better.

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by smoketh, August 27, 2013.

1. smoketh

smoketh Member

*Mods: Too much focus on personal attacks, not enough focus on actual content*
    Last edited by a moderator: September 4, 2013
    mkrater likes this.
  2. comham

comham Active Member

this thread is hilarious.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I almost shat myself laughing.
  4. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

that was edited by a mod.
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

That was edited by me. He has been put in the cooldown corner for a bit until he can learn that he needs to read the rules and not be a ****.
    arseface likes this.
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Yah, I probably shouldn't have "liked" his post, but I admit it made me smile as well.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. jbeetle

I have a feeling you're a very smiley person in general.
    mkrater likes this.
  8. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

:oops: *BUSTED* :p
  9. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Still funny.

Less so, but still funny.
  10. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

It's a shame the thread went where it did. I still find games like Zero-K to have just as much place in my RTS repertoire as TA and Supcom. (More so, in fact, since it runs natively in Linux.) Even with PA coming out, I'm pretty sure I'll still play ZK, as they're different flavors of RTS.
  11. garat

As well they should. But if people coming to our forums can't learn how to post in at least a roughly polite manner, they can simply not post again through fiat.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  12. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I play TA long time ,i still play with the new mods released on 2013 its just awsome.
    But dont tell me that PA its walking by the same field has TA because its not.
    PA is diferent game with some ideas of TA only.
    And i like like PA, is a diferent and refresh game.
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i don´t know weither to laugh or be pissed off of how absurd this thread went...

nobody actualy said something bad against zero-k, people can play whatever they feel like

but if you go to promote it or other games on other platforms and forums, you shouldn´t squeeze it into someones face, piss others off nor should you lie about other games and badmouth people you disagree with ..
    Last edited: September 5, 2013
  14. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

If you think this is funny you should read the SMNC forums they are wayyyyy better.
  15. jbeetle

go back to, say, this time last year for the gems. before garat joined, the forums were total anarchy.
  16. extraammo

extraammo Member

This thread made me giggle. :p
  17. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Hey, don't get me wrong, in no way do I agree with smoketh's attitude or any of the negative comparisons between the games, and I don't appreciate that assumption. (And I certainly hope garat didn't make the same assumption, now that I reread his post.) The only thing I agree with is spreading the word about these games for those who may not have heard about them yet, as unlikely as it is by now. (And quieting misconceptions about open source games.)
  18. garat

Sylvester, you've been fine. My commentary was almost all to smoketh. He's new to the forums, he comes in, he's antagonistic, he's clearly only interested in picking a fight.

Mind you, I think the topic itself is quite interesting, and there's a lot of great games that deserve time to be played. I just wish people could be polite when voicing differing _opinions_. It's clear he couldn't, so he gets to take a time out. In the meantime, I'd love it if people got this train back on the tracks and actually continued the discussion about genre games for PA/TA, etc.
  19. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but I tend to find random '...'s in a sentence annoying to read. It's sort of like people typing in all caps all the time, but instead of imaging they're shouting at you, you imagine that they're staring at the ground, mumbling (no offense).

Also too bad OP didn't respond to my post. Wanted to do a socrates.
  20. jbeetle

He didn't respond to mine either, and all I asked was whether he owned PA or not. Probably just one of the many indications that lead garat to his decision.

(No more off-topic posts from me in this thread after this I swear!)