I am so desperate for PA now, that I'm upgrading.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by MikeyTheSoviet, August 31, 2013.

1. MikeyTheSoviet

MikeyTheSoviet Member

ALL HAIL NOOB OF FORUM.
    ALL YOUR MOONBASES ARE BELONG TO US.
    I really cannot wait until Beta, which is scheduled only a few days away (6th Sept), so I decided to add $30/£19 more to my purchase. Aww yeah, I'll see you guys on the battlefield at around 2:00PM
    Bear in mind I'm in UK so I might be on early for you 'Muricans / Other peoples.
    Happy Nukin'!
    thelowleypineapple likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Wait the Beta is scheduled for the 6th? Source?
  3. woepriest

woepriest New Member

4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this source cannot be trusted, steam must have put a placeholder date.
  5. MikeyTheSoviet

MikeyTheSoviet Member

Because of me being a forum noob I can't post any information or links, sorry. Private Message me and I'll give you all the information on it, it's from Wiki so I'm not sure if it's Legit.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh how about that time when Steam messed up the launch of SMNC? :lol:

If there was an official date we would have a thread on these forums, just like with every other important announcement.
    MikeyTheSoviet likes this.
  7. zodiusinfuser

zodiusinfuser Member

This is what it says on the Steam page.

8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You know what, I totally seen that before but I someone how disregarded the dates. :D

This whole time the release dates were right in front of our face. So with that said, since there hasn't been an announcement, we can assume the deadline will be met. That is unless they say something about it soon.
  9. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I was expecting an announcement today that the alpha has come to an end, or that they had one final build for us before shutting down in preparation for the beta. With that said, I assume that there will be no playing PA during the transition from alpha to beta?
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I would be very surprised about that. The transition of alpha => beta probably will be just a patch that says "we're in beta now" from the perspective of alpha players. I
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.
  11. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

oh god I hope that's the case, cause you know, I need my fix. I'd be jones'in hard after a few days.
  12. MikeyTheSoviet

MikeyTheSoviet Member

Woo hoo! I was right-ish <3
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

staff should definatly come over to this thread and maybe check with steam that they don't do anything goofy.
  14. MikeyTheSoviet

MikeyTheSoviet Member

Agreed.
  15. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

its probably a placeholder, on the other hand, they have not said till now, that they have to postpone
  16. TheSane

TheSane New Member

I noticed the date on Steam a little while ago, and given the content of the message we can assume that someone at Uber was responsible for writing it (so no need to go and accuse steam of being the party at "fault"), but I was never going to make the assumption that Uber would hold precisely to that schedule.

Perhaps however someone at Uber should take another look at it and edit it if necessary so as to avoid confusion.

Edit: The exact wording preceding the dates given are "Our anticipated schedule is as follows:"

anticipated... and that was several months ago, so much will have changed since then you really cant hold value in the stated date.
    Last edited: September 1, 2013
  17. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

It'll probably be sometime in September.
  18. halosas

halosas Member

Don't be surprised if Beta is pushed back Lots of features still not in Alpha yet.
  19. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Hey Mikey, I just played you! Sent you a friend request on Steam, if you want to play again that'd be cool :)

I'm also in the UK so hopefully we can play at mutually convenient times.
  20. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

You may want to have a look at the gentlemans ladder in the Backers forum. Plenty of people on the associated IRC channel who are usually interested in playing, and likely to give advice if wanted.