Gamescom

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, August 7, 2013.

1. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I am going to be at Gamescom in Cologne for a few days later this month.

Uber itself doesn't have any kind of booth presence and I expect to mostly be doing business development type stuff. However, if you see me walking around feel free to introduce yourself if you want to chat about the game.
    FlandersNed likes this.
  2. deso88

deso88 Member

We may meet there!
  3. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

My friend will be there hopefully he will find you and say hi in my name :mrgreen:
  4. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Any chance you elaborate a little bit further what "business development" stuff means for an independant company like Uber ? Are you going there in order to promote Uber middleware ?
    Thanks
  5. NaloaC

NaloaC New Member

I'm heading over for the trade and public days with the owner of ZiiP Gamestore to see what we can do. Few meetings lined up already and really looking forward to it.

No doubt it'll be packed but I'll keep an eye out!
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

If I weren't moving house this month, I'd be there!
  7. neutrino

Business development generally means meeting with potential partners and exploring opportunities. Since we have a diversity of things we do it can mean a lot of different kinds of things. Everything from adding more payment providers, to meeting with press, to meetings about retail distribution, doing some press etc.

We often get a lot of requests for meetings from various companies at these kinds of events.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Thanks !
  9. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

Hope you have fun at Gamescom :)

There will be several people there from our community site, maybe we will meet you.
  10. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Cool, I will be there.
    Just a question: On which day are you at Gamescom?
    I will be there at Thursday!
  11. djchill

djchill New Member

12. neutrino

So who wants to suggest a PA meetup place?
  13. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I just heard you and ooo27 are there, damn, I should have known that before, I declined for a trip to GamesCom because I didn't really have reason to be there >.<
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Ah bugger it. I might see if there's any cheap last-minute flights over there. I don't have much else planned this weekend.
  15. neutrino

I'm thinking maybe some kind of bar or something tomorrow night might work. Some local knowledge would probably come in handy. Maybe I should move this to the main forum.
  16. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

hey we from united forums are on gamescom aswell. We are attending an EA party tomorrow evening at the cologne beach club with lots of other members of the c&c community. Many of us also like PA and would love to talk with you. So maybe u wanna come by :). Just head towards the Rhine from the south entrance and turn right once you reach the river. Next to the big bridge and then follow the river some meters. There are probably more nice bars aswell. If you tell us beforehand here we can pick u up. One of us made a picture with u one hour ago btw :)
  17. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

btw Jon, if you are near the Piazza (open plaza) that comes after the south entrance, we will have a small UF community meeting there at 13:30. So if you see guys in UF (united forum) shirts, you can come by :). As I said we have several people who also backed PA and like the game.
    And regarding this evening: Just post here when you will be there if you wanna come. We can also search another bar at the riverside if the EA party is no option, but its really nice there :)
  18. neutrino

Cologne beach club looks pretty close. What time?
  19. Webboy

Webboy New Member

20. neutrino

Sounds like a plan. I'll wander by and see what's up.