Build 52168 - Planet Editor Settings = NO CHANGE/RESET bug?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Gkaruk, August 18, 2013.

1. Gkaruk

Gkaruk New Member

Been playing with the Planet Editor in build 52168 and having a lot of issues try to get the changes I chose in the settings.

Planet BEFORE and HR, WH settings configured when clicked REBUILD
    [​IMG]

However, planet AFTER and HR, WH settings reset with no change to the planet?
    [​IMG]
  2. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

I could be totally wrong here, but I saw a friend of mine complain about a pretty much identical issue to you. Turns out he had two planets in exactly the same place, and he was editing the one underneath the one he could see. They were the same size and biome, but because he was only changing the water and HR on one, it wasn't apparent anything was happening as the upper planet obscured the view.
    Try dragging your planet around before you alter it.
  3. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

It's pretty much broken atm, i would expect a patch at any day now to fix it.

I mean i can mess around with planets, but i cant save them, well it thinks it saves, but no matter what planet i make lava, metal whatever it becomes an earth planet when i load in to play >.<

But game is WIP :p
  4. Gkaruk

Gkaruk New Member

@cmdandy - Thanks but I thought that too, but no luck.

@RMJ - have to agree but looking forward to when its fixed :)
  5. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

That could be because only the Earth, Tropical and Moon planets are playable at the moment. Metal and Lava are considered 'experimental' and are intentionally not playable! Same goes for huge planets and ones with tons of water.

Ah sorry I wasn't more help! :)
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

With the addition of the System Builder, there are a number of breaks currently in the flow. We're working on this currently, and the next build should see a nice iteration of features and flow for building solar systems and planets.