Welcome to the new forums

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by LennardF1989, August 14, 2013.

1. VectorShift

VectorShift New Member

I think this forum should have as many features as Planetary Annihilation. And they should be rolled out in the same time frame.
  2. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

Kickstarter for the forums, ahoy!
    thebigpill likes this.
  3. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

I've got to say hands down the best feature of this update so far its that all of the intra-forum links to other threads and the kind here are all broken..
  4. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Please pass me the links for which this is the case, because I took the utmost care to make sure all old links to topics remained working.
  5. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

6. VectorShift

VectorShift New Member

That's cool that you were able to update intra-forum links (assuming it all worked). Thanks for taking the care to do that!

It's also awesome that old links from external sites, such as the bug tracker, are redirected to the correct thread. Unfortunately, it appears that old links to specific posts now go to the beginning of the thread instead of the specific post. See the first link in my comment on FS#1947.

I also see that you are informed if a reply has been posted to the current thread if you are currently replying to the thread, and you can even view it without losing your draft. Nice!
    Last edited: August 14, 2013
  7. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Hide Individual User's Signature:
    Requires StyleBot or your browsers equivalent

li.message[data-author=["INSERT USERNAME HERE"]>div.messageInfo.primaryContent>div.baseHtml.signature.messageText.ugc {
    display: none;
    }

Hide All Signatures:
    Requires AdBlock Plus

forums.uberent.com##div.baseHtml.signature.messageText.ugc

Get StyleBot, or your browsers equivalent and set your css to your preferred width:

div#content>div.pageWidth {
    max-width: [xxx]%;
    }

Really wish these settings were inherent in forum software, but for now, you have the tiblolan solutions
    jbeetle likes this.
  8. goodbean

goodbean Well-Known Member

finnaly i fixed my name.

Also after some more time on the forums on my phone (android 4.2.2 cm10.1), I do think we need tapatalk compatability. I did mention it to lenny on reddit and he told that he wants it but we have to wait for updates.
  9. VectorShift

VectorShift New Member

Actually, hiding all signatures is an option. Go to your account settings, click on "Preferences", and then uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages".
    tiblolan and DeadStretch like this.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I totally forgot about the preference settings. Though both of those options are for all signatures. I believe J was looking for an option where he can pick and choose which to display or not.
  11. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Nice! One less filter I have to do. Solution for individual sig filtering still stands unfortunately. Also,

Since avatar gifs look like they will return, here is the adblock plus filter for them:

forums.uberent.com##img[width="96"][height="96"][src*=".gif"]

If anyone needs more filtering, I probably have the settings for it already
    jbeetle likes this.
  12. DeadStretch

Wth, I am only allowed to report a post every 30 seconds or so? Well that's kinda lame when you're trying to report multiple spambots.

Question about reported Spambot threads. Is there a way for the Mods to be able to see reported thread without actually having to be browsing that section of the forums? Many spambot threads just get buried and then never deleted and/or locked.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Yep, we have a pretty prominent notification showing how many reported threads in total. Removing spammers is *so* much easier in the new forum.

The time limit would be to avoid abuse of the report system.
  14. DeadStretch

What kind of abuse can a reporting system have? It's kind of cumbersome trying to report a bunch or few Spambots because of the timer. I guess that's one new feature I'll have to get used to. :D
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

People just reporting everything, or reporting all posts from a user they don't like. It does happen occasionally.
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

But better to setup proper anti-spam system once and don't have any problems with spammers.

Not even saying about registration captcha, but simple non-standard login system break spamming tools.
  17. hspitgirl

hspitgirl New Member

Lenny, I could kiss you for what you did, this site is fantastic. Its bigger, faster, easier, and stronger than a hog. Any plans for improvments hun?
  18. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I got an infraction once on the Steam forums for reporting "spam" when it was needless gibber jabber/irrelevancy/etc, not a spambot. This was before I knew that's what makes up 90% of the Steam forums.
  19. DeadStretch

The amount of times "proper anti-spam" has tried to be implemented is just crazy. Every time they find a fix it lasts a most a month. lol
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Some of it is actually done by humans these days. The online equivalent of call centers.