Livestream Questions Thread - Wednesday 14th August 2013 @ 1PM PDT

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, August 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've just started a questions thread for the surprise livestream that Uber have sprung on us!

http://www.reddit.com/r/planetaryan...tream_questions_thread_wednesday_14th_august/

Not sure if they'll be using this, as they haven't given us much time to prepare! Nonetheless, I thought it was worth a shot!

I'll update this post and the Reddit post if I get confirmation at any point that they will (or won't) be using it.

EDIT: Garat has confirmed via PM that they will be using this thread in the livestream.
    Last edited: August 14, 2013
  2. piquedram

piquedram New Member

any guesses as to what the stream 'll be about btw?

I'm hoping orbital, but then again, who isn't :D
  3. cwarner7264

I think it's safe to bet it'll include orbital and/or multi-planet play. I'd imagine at this stage it will be a demonstration only, but there are some orbital units in the game files already, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we will have it in our hands shortly.
  4. plannihilator

plannihilator Member

It's probably not the place, but:

Question 1: Will there be an orbital-laser or ground-base laser Anti-nuke ?
    It would be more original than the yet-again anti-missile-missile seen in almost every TA iteration.

Question 2: Will there be an orbital laser weapon ? Because it's cool and also, Awesome.

Question 3: I'm surprised nobody tried in the youtube videos: Can Nukes be fired to the moon ?
  5. cwarner7264

You'll want to ask #1 and #2 in the Reddit thread. #3 I have tried myself. Generally speaking, the nuke will just do a u-turn and land on the silo and destroy your whole base.
    EdWood likes this.
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Can't wait to see iampetard's reaction to seeing this occur! (reference)
    iampetard likes this.
  7. plannihilator

plannihilator Member

Hmm, I might consider getting a reddit account then.

Wished I'd seen that !
  8. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I always stream or record when I play so if anything happens, you'll see the reaction :D
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Hope they going to show off their 2 new hot workers today. The multi planets can wait.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

A surprise stream attacks you!
    I checked the current date like twice before I accepted that the stream really is indeed today.
  11. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

It is something of a surprise. The only thing to see if is this is the big one.

I hope that Yuri-Gagarin-bot is going through decontamination, and the rocket is being fueled up as we as we speak. If we get orbital combat, then everything is going to change.
  12. cwarner7264

Yeah, I did a double-take too this morning!
  13. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

Question is, will the rocket they use be an N-1 or a Saturn V (Nerd I know). It would be hilarious if they demo an orbital launch and the rocket fails (and by hilarious I mean soul crushing)
  14. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

My only question is as to whether or not PA will get a balance overhaul in Beta. Because currently it is shaping up to be worse than a horrible melting pot of Dawn of War and C&C4.

Also, will there be a variant of the metal planet that shoots rainbows?
  15. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

If even the simplest and cheapest orbital units stay costing as much as nukes... the game will barely change at all.
    Last edited: August 14, 2013
  16. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I want to crash and burn planets without crashing and burning my PC. Dammit!
  17. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

I'd be lying if i said i didn't feel a twinge of concern, but as much as I dislike sounding like a broken record, it's still too early to tell. I've asked a question on the reddit thread, and I have my concerns, but I'm not going to go mental about them for a few units that we've not even seen in the game yet.

That kind of balance change is incredibly easy to make. If we get a few weeks through the beta, and orbital units are still overpriced, then I can assure you that I will be excruciatingly vociferous in my opposition.
  18. antillie

antillie Member

Why am I envisioning robotic Kerbals screaming in terror as the engines ignite?
  19. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Interesting. A whole 6 replies just vanished into the aether.
  20. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

Since deadstretch's post disappeared, game #5
    DeadStretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.