Livecast: 1v1 ranked Cola_Colin vs Dacite

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, June 27, 2013.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

2. darktom77

darktom77 New Member

Good game there shame about the disconnect.

You did a good job on the cast to keeping on top of the action, look forward to more!
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Funny how long it took you to realize I was gone. I mean I was not moving my tanks for minutes. Come on :p
  4. zaphodx

Well I'm disappointed with many aspects of the video but I've learnt a lot and quality will improve pretty drastically, particularly once I start getting some camera and economy tools to use :)

And yup it did take me too long, I knew you wouldn't make such basic mistakes as leaving units standing idle >.< It was a bit of a rush because I had to jump into the game without notice and started livecasting immediately without my recording setup properly ready.
  5. dacite

dacite Member

Your name wasn't grayed out on my end so I just assumed you had gone mad or something.
  6. cola_colin

Yeah I am known to go mad, am I :lol:
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Did you try to rejoin Colin?
  8. omega4

omega4 Member

I love that the gentlemen's rules included building mex's on metal depo's only. Hopefully, Uber will carry that on to PA itself.
  9. cola_colin

I tried to rejoin, but the game kept crashing.

omega, the whole point of those rules is to emulate how the game plays once Uber has implemented these missing features. It's a given that mex will only work on metalspots, they are working on it right now :)
  10. omega4

omega4 Member

I applaud what you and the others are doing with this gentlemen's rule gameplay. I had a lot of misconceptions about PA based on all the gameplay videos on YouTube (e.g. unlimited metal extraction based on gamers putting mexes all over the place, etc.). Fortunately, members of this forum helped clear up those misconception.

I'm glad that it's a given that mexes will only work on metalspots. I had gotten the impression from some on this forum that PA would emulate TA and allow mexes to generate 0.2 metal or something like that if built on a non-metalspot.

Can't wait to see your gentlemen's rules gameplay to get a better idea of how PA gameplay will eventually turn out.

11. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

how is casting a replay considered being "live"? :D

anyways, good job, keep em coming^^
  12. cola_colin

That was no replay. He was in the game, nuked himself and observed us afterwards.
  13. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

still watching it on youtube is not live either :p

But something else... I slowly can understand how hard it is to have an overview over the whole planet. I really hope, uber finds a way to make it easy to find everything, and see attacking untis and so on.
  14. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

Great job to all three of you. That was really fun to watch.
  15. zaphodx

Yeah technically it was a livecast, I kept saying replay because it is etched into my brain xD
  16. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

It's quite different when its live, even though it is uploaded to youtube later.

When its a replay you can watch it 10 times and then cast it, if you **** up you can restart.
    In this case you can't really watch it a billion times. You could watch it live and then cast it during the chrono cam reviewing but since it is a bit buggy, the game itself wouldn't be very cast-able.
    Only effective way of casting is during the very game itself and that is live!
  17. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

One thing that caught my attention in this replay was in late game I noticed with the multiple fronts that they were fighting each other on, it became rather cumbersome to keep tabs on all the different points were they were clashing.

I only have really just tested the builds when they came out. I'm curious if others that play gentlemen's have noticed this and think it is a problem, or perhaps you though it was not too difficult to manage. Please share your experience.
  18. dacite

dacite Member

It's ok on small planets like this moon but on the larger worlds managing multiple fronts becomes extremely cumbersome very quickly.

The main problem is the lack of a mini-map. Due to the battlefield being a planet half of the map is missing and it's possible to lose engineers and metal points without noticing. This will hopefully be resolved by the addition of a mini-map which shows the other side of the planet.
  19. omega4

omega4 Member

Good points. But the mini map will only help so much when you're fighting multiple fronts on multiple planets. At that point, playing PA will be cumbersome at best. I think those gamers with ADD (attention deficit disorders) may actually fare better than those without!

In all seriousness, I think Chris Taylor raised a good point when he said that having multiple battles occur simultaneously detracts a little from the gameplay experience (or something to that effect). I'm not in favor of complete micromanagement but I also don't know how effective I'll be managing 7 different battles over 4 different planets simultaneously either.

20. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Nice to see more people adopting the way of the gentleman...