Exciting updates to PA's development. (NEW DEV TEAM!)

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by mjshorty, December 6, 2021.

1. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Does anyone else use these forums besides Quitch and I to keep up on changelogs? lol anyway...

Hey there, I thought I just post this here for those that do not use Planetary Annihilation's official discord ( https://discord.gg/pa ) but there has been an announcement of a new team. We don't have the numbers, but its a new group and we have one name so far with Jake Simpson, who is an industry veteran with many games under his name up to and including Age of Empire 2: Definitive Edition.

Here are the official statements pinned in Discord from Jake Simson to the community.

-To give you guys a little background - we are a new group to this franchise. We've been brought in to help support PA and while that's great, there are a LOT of moving parts for PA behind the scenes, and we are still learning our way around. We've managed to address the community mod stuff, but we are still working out how certain features work behind the scenes. Some things, like adding a new mod, for example, are still done by hand, and we've figured out how that works, but there are other systems we are still delving into in order to understand fully how they work and how we need to operate so we don't break things.

-Please understand, we are elbow deep in all this stuff, but there is a lot of systems to be elbow deep in, so to speak, and we only have so many elbows:)

-We are currently working out a road map for PA support with The Powers That Be, and I can reveal that the first thing we are doing is completely updating how community mods are handled. It's likely we will be using a third party service, so anyone can make an account on this service, upload their mod and it will be approved by people from the community, and then automatically put out there for everyone to grab. We are very deep in working all that out now, in fact.

-There will be a rebalancing pass sometime relatively soon as well - post the mod update.
    optimi and NikolaMX like this.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

New balance pass. Oh lord guessing Nik has wormed his way in with his "amazing best balance ever Nik balance mod".
    mjshorty and NikolaMX like this.
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

"He who controls the balance controls the universe"