OSX KEYBOARD HOTKEY ISSUE

Discussion in 'Support!' started by drumstix131, February 6, 2019.

1. drumstix131

drumstix131 New Member

Hello PA:T players and administrators.
    I have been deterred from playing PA:T for TOO LONG! I like this game a lot, but for some reason, my keyboard hotkeys do not work. In the build menu down low I can see the build categories, and even the associated hotkeys, but when I try to press the hotkey, it does nothing.
    for a while, the effectiveness of the hotkeys were hit or miss, and I could reboot the game to get it working some of the time. However, now my hotkeys are completely useless, and therefore I have no interest in playing until the issue is resolved for me.
    Please Help!!! :'-(
  2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

3. drumstix131

drumstix131 New Member

I appreciate your attention, but this did not help. I use default binds, and I can see the build bar down low with the binded keys displayed, but when I press the keys with the commander or other units selected, it does nothing. I have to resort to mouse clicking.
  4. lulamae

Just to be sure, you have to click 2 keys, after you've selected the Commander. First key activates one of the build groups and the second key selects the item from that build group.

If you are doing that and still no response, then I encourage you to open a new ticket at https://support.planetaryannihilation.com/index.php
  5. drumstix131

drumstix131 New Member

Like I said, I was playing with no problems for a while... then the problem appeared with occasional frequency, then it stopped working altogether. I do understand selecting the unit, then the build group, then the structure... using hotkeys to select build groups and structures is ineffective. Thanks again...
  6. lulamae

Are you able to try a different keyboard? If you find out what the issue is, please let us know.